Is It Possible?... Maybe Dumb Question

Decorating By yiyo21 Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm by Tee-Y

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 7:49am
post #1 of 6

i am wondering if it is possible to put a 10 inch round cake over a 9x13 inch square cake?? I know that by math the measures shouldnt agree but anyone has tried?? it can be done? if so how???

I want to do this bc i have to make a cake for 200 ppl, the theme is circus, so i was thinking two 9x13 square, in top of each one a 10 inch round and in top of one of those a 6 inch round. According to wilton cutting chart it will be 202 slices, am I right?? what do you think?

Thanks!! A Lot!!

5 replies
OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:51am
post #2 of 6

Well, you could, but you'll end up with an extra inch worth of overhang on the 10" rounds. So a half inch on each side. If you're willing to construct a cake like that, I guess there's no reason that you couldn't, but I think it would look silly.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:37am
post #3 of 6

why not just three 14" round 2-layer tiers? that would be 234 servings (some can have seconds)

and then you could do a:

3-ring circus theme

each cake a different ring -- with a different act going on.

clowns in one
elephants or tigers in another
human cannonball in the last

or any combination of circus acts you like

yiyo21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yiyo21 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:37am
post #4 of 6

thanks for the suggestions... i guess i could do the 14" but i dont have the pans.... jeje and no much money to buy them.... jejej but we'll see what can i arrange!!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:45am
post #5 of 6

You could do the two 9x13, stick them together so you had 18x13, put the 10" rounds on top and decorate them to look like a circus tent, with the 6" round on top to look like the smaller part on top of some tents. That would give you space on the sides to do more circus decorations. It would be a big heavy cake though...might need a piece of plywood for a bottom board just to hold it all.

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

You could do the two 9x13, stick them together so you had 18x13, put the 10" rounds on top and decorate them to look like a circus tent, with the 6" round on top to look like the smaller part on top of some tents. That would give you space on the sides to do more circus decorations. It would be a big heavy cake though...might need a piece of plywood for a bottom board just to hold it all.

thumbs_up.gif Great idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%