Sharon Zambito Dvd's

Decorating By Destinys_Delights Updated 14 Oct 2009 , 12:40am by Destinys_Delights

Destinys_Delights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Destinys_Delights Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 29

Ok, so I have put away about $150 to get something related to cake decorating. I really want to get all the Sharon Zambito DVD's, because I have heard alot about them. But before I spend all that money on them. can anyone tell me if they are really worth it and did it make a difference in the way your cakes turn out.
Also I saw that she sales Wedding Bouquet Flavoring for her buttercream recipe. has anyone ever tried this and what did you think?
Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

28 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 29

the dvd's are great, worth every penny

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 29

The DVDs will be the best money you have ever spent if you want level cakes, smooth BC, flawless fondant, stable topsy turvy cakes and beautiful boxes and bows.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 29

BEST CAKE INVESTMENT EVER!!! Her videos have totally changed the way that I make cakes and the confidence that I have in making them - she IS a ROCK STAR!

BUY THEM ALL!!

I haven't tried her flavoring - but, I'm sure its up to the quality of everything else she does - so I'm sure its fabulous!

but, GO FOR THE VIDEOS!!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:50am
post #5 of 29

Sharon's DVDs are a definite must have! They are one of the best investments I have made for my cake hobby! The Wedding bouquet is good. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try and see if you like the taste.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:05am
post #6 of 29

One word; YES!!!

I wouldn't even continue doing cakes if not for her DVD's. Don't get me wrong, you still have to practice, practice, practice.....but, the her icing, her techniques, etc. make your 'practice work' look a lot more professional!! I own them all, and can't even say which is my favorite.....they're all my favorite!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:44am
post #7 of 29

YES!

Here is my before, and after. The birthday cake was done in September, and very next cake I made was the gold wedding cake in November. Cakes r in my album if you want to see bigger images. Grrr ts uploading the gold first. oh well icon_smile.gif

Smoother BC, and completely level.

icon_smile.gif

I have fondant, stacking, buttercream and topsy turvy and boxes and bows. WELL worth it.

Just think of it this way... you will actually SAVE money by buying her DVDs because you wont have to spend a ton of time and money on ingredients to practice. I watched the dvds 2 times, and then usually have them playing in the background when I make a cake for easy reference icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:22am
post #8 of 29

Do whatever it takes to get your hands on those DVDs. Rob the kids' piggy banks, put it on a credit card, steal the grocery money... whatever it takes.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 29

LOL! Grandmom, that's the truth! I have all of the DVDs except for the design gallery and I plan to put that on my Christmas list, unless of course I buy it for myself first! icon_lol.gif

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 29

TOPSY TURVY?!! Well maybe I don't have all of the DVD's then!! I guess I need to visit Sharon's site and make an order today?!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:09pm
post #11 of 29

absolutely worth every penny!! i have them all and i would not trade them for anything as the tips and techniques she teaches are definitely going to help you improve your skills--along with practice. i cannot stress enough how helpful her dvd's are!

RebelChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelChick Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:24pm
post #12 of 29

Can you tell me where to get them?

Total newbie question!!!! LOL icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Tracyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracyj Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:29pm
post #13 of 29

Sharon's DVD's are the BOMB! You have to get them. They are seriously the best investment I've made in order to help my caking career.

Go to www.sharonssugarshack.com

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm
post #14 of 29

Sharons website is www.sugaredproductions.com - and I also recommend getting all of them - I have watched them over and over. She is a wonderful instructor, and the DVDs are all very detailed.

Mom23Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23Angels Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:34pm
post #15 of 29

RebelChick: You can get them on her web site, sugaredproductions.com.

OP: I tried the wedding bouquet and I love it. It smells and tastes heavenly, I'd definitely recommend that you at least try it.

LULABEL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LULABEL Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:08pm
post #16 of 29

If you were to purchase them one at a time what order would you buy them?

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:18pm
post #17 of 29

Buttercream
Fondant
Stacking
Boxes/Bowes
Topsy Turvy

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #18 of 29

I only have the first three. I HIGHLY recommend these videos! They are sooo worth the investment! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:40pm
post #19 of 29

I have them all and learn something new from all of them. I'd probably get them in the order that grandmom said because the first three are basic skills while the other two are specialty cakes.

LULABEL Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:54pm
post #20 of 29

Thank you so much I really appreciate it. I am probably going to have to purchase one a month icon_sad.gif
so the list will really help me icon_smile.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:36pm
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Buttercream
Fondant
Stacking
Boxes/Bowes
Topsy Turvy

i agree and that's pretty much how i purchased them with the addition of the design gallery. in that dvd she narrates lots of tips on how she achieved the look of some of her most popular cakes. very helpful even without the visual. you will love them all.

Trish43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trish43 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #22 of 29

I have purchased one of her DVD's stacking cakes and that was the best investment ever. I want the topsy turvy, bows and boxes DVD's.

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:24pm
post #23 of 29

I'll let you in on a little secret -- if you go to my pix and look at the Tiffany Box cake, I did it using the instructions I got off Sugarshack's Boxes and Bows DVD. icon_biggrin.gif I think it came out rather well actually. And the instructions were easy to follow even if I did have to watch some parts more than once. But overall I couldn't have done the cake without it. icon_biggrin.gif

LULABEL Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:38pm
post #24 of 29

bobwonderbuns you did an awesome job on that cake! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:43pm
post #25 of 29

Thanks! I got the instructions from Sharon's Boxes and Bows DVD.

Destinys_Delights Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 9:45pm
post #26 of 29

Thank you so much, Now I am so excited about getting them!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:56am
post #27 of 29

I have three of Sharon's DVD's and I love them. I can't wait to get more. Hopefully, I'll get some for Christmas! They are TOTALLY worth it!

obabassa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obabassa Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:09am
post #28 of 29

I have all 5 videos and I would purchase in the order that was previously suggested:
Buttercream
Fondant
Stacking
Boxes and Bows
Topsy Turvy
Love all of them. Have watched them several times each.

Destinys_Delights Posted 14 Oct 2009 , 12:40am
post #29 of 29

I got my sharon zambito dvds in today, I ordered all 6, woo hoo I am so excited to start watching them !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%