I Give You All Credit...

Baking By costumeczar Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 10:57pm by luv2bake6

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 15

I hardly ever do cookies, but for some reason I've had three orders for cookie favors in the last three weeks. I just wanted to say that for those of you who do this all the time, I give you credit, and hope that you're charging enough to cover the carpal tunnel treatments!

Now I have to go finish piping. Then get some ice packs for my hand! icon_sad.gif

14 replies
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 15

I know what you mean. I tried flooding cookies for the first time a couple of weeks ago (just to try it out, not for an order) and thought I would go mad. Admittedly my piping skills leave a lot to be desired, but it was such labourious, tedious work.
I later tried covering cookies with fondant. And, WOW! It was soooo easy and gave a much better end result than my piping!!! icon_redface.gif

Good luck. Hope your hands recover soon. I've heard holding a large glass of wine helps!! icon_lol.gif

Emma

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 15

I do tons of cookies and find that setting up an assembly line really helps. Plus, for me, there is a bigger profit margin in cookies than cakes, hence I love my cookies

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 15

Holy Crap cookies are hard!! icon_smile.gif
I make them for my son's class every once in a while, but man, I'd way rather do cupcakes with a swirl of BC and a cherry!! LOL!!
I don't think I'll ever take an order for cookies!!
Seriously, you guys deserve a LOT of credit!!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 15

I do lots of cookies but I always cover them in MMF and sometimes I use royal icing for the details or I use the edible markers...I honestly hate doing cookies too so I give props to all of the fabulous cookie makers!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 15

lmao!...this is too funny..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Owwww! My hand isn't laughing! If I had an icepack emoticon I'd use it! icon_razz.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Owwww! My hand isn't laughing! If I had an icepack emoticon I'd use it! icon_razz.gif

lol.. I know..I been there...aint fun!
Edna icon_smile.gif[/img]

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:37am
post #9 of 15

I've done cookies on two occasions, once for an ICES meeting (100) and once for wedding favors (150). Flooded with thinned royal both times. One set had stuff piped over the flooding, the other was flooded with 2 colors. I didn't seem to mind it all that much - just tedious, but didn't hurt my hand any. I guess I'm lucky. icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:00am
post #10 of 15

I agree with you, Costumeczar...decorated cookies are a lot of work. I just learned the whole flooding and decorating angle within the last 5 months. I use to mainly do sugar on my cookies (I know...so elementery icon_redface.gif ). Even thought they are a lot of work, I still enjoy them though.

My hat goes off to the many CCer's who create the fabulous cookies I see in the gallery. I can only hope to one day become half that talented.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #11 of 15

You might just be getting old. A few years ago that would have been nothing for ya!. Dang. let me not talk, I'm getting old too! icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:45am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

You might just be getting old. A few years ago that would have been nothing for ya!. Dang. let me not talk, I'm getting old too! icon_lol.gif

You are eternally young and thin, my dear! icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:50am
post #13 of 15

Aaah, I knew there was a reason I've loved you all these years! icon_smile.gif You can say that cause the last time you saw me I was in pregnant glow mode. You haven't seen the results of 3 babies in a row with the final baby putting the "icing" on the cake! :p

ckdcr8r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckdcr8r Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:22am
post #14 of 15

I have seen some beautifully piped dercorated cookies on here! I worked at a bakery for 2 years and every Christmas or major holiday we would crank out thousands upon thousands of decorated sugar cookies. We had alot of wholesale accounts. I am scarred from that experience. Litterally, I think that was the start of my chronic back pain. I still love cookies, though, but now I just do photo and logo cookies with edible images and fondant. I suppose I would rather roll than pipe... icon_confused.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:57pm
post #15 of 15

I actually had some swelling in the area between my thumb and pointer fingers after decorating and packaging 180 cookies in 2 days. It took a few days of Alleve for it to go down and about a week for the pain to go away. But i love to do cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%