What's Up With The New Cases Now Days?

Business By sweetneice Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 2:44am by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all!

So ,Im looking at some other cupcake shops cases, only to find out that a vast majority of them are no longer using the good old ,closed in, display cases anymore, but rather something that looks like a glass shield with the cupcakes open to the air.

I have mixed feelings on it and want to know your opinion on it. I LOVE the look, but I'm such a girlie girl, clean freak when it comes to alot of things such as oh, you know, things like FLIES, BUGS, AND ANY OTHER THING THAT CRAWLS, IF NOT'S A BABY! LOL! Not to mention, I would think exposing it consistently to the air would dry and harden up the product. Like I said I LOVE the look, but curious if it's a good idea or not. What would you prefer, closed or open display case? BTW, What is the glass shield looking case called? If you want to know what I'm talking about.....check out sprinkles cupcakes and any other big cupcake shop around california or maybe even your city and tell me what you think. TIA!

6 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 7

Not sure I've seen those cases but I went to a BRAND NEW natural food store today - just opened last night - and the first thing I noticed was the olive bar. Everything was in crocks sitting out in the open - not even a sneeze guard! The spoons that people use to scoop the olives were lying in all directions with the handles lying in food.

What's with these places? How does THAT pass inspection? icon_eek.gif

sweetneice Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 7

Ya got me on that one! lol! ugh! So many diseases going around you would want to be careful not only with people but insects as well. I have no clue how they passed that one, but I have seen plenty of places that do it as well and I choose to pass it right on by! lol
Thanks for posting your comments!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 7

Oh yeah - I just kept going! LOL!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 7

There's a supermarket nearby with an olive bar. I frequently see people taking samples out of the crocks with their bare hands--and leaving the pits on the table. So gross. I only buy olives in jars.

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:16am
post #6 of 7

Man that's nasty! I hate olives anyways that just confirms my being grossed out by them.... icon_smile.gif

sweetneice - There is a specialty cupcake place here that has that kind of display case, I can't say it made them dry out (We were there at about noon) BUT I did find it kind of weird that they were open in the back... And there were a couple flies in there as the door was open. Not sure what they are called though.

sweetneice Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 7

ewwww gross! So I guess the old fashioned closed bakery cases are best afterall!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%