This Cake With This Topper... Part Two...is This Possible?

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 4:38am by madgeowens

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:19am
post #1 of 7

This is a part 2 to my post yesterday...
here is the cake (not exact, but close enough)
the top tier will be a 6inch square covered in buttercream

here is the floral arrangement that she wants the topper inspired by (see below)

I'm afraid that anything similar will just rip right through the cake and buttercream. Is this even a possibility? Has anyone done such a tall topper on such a small tier?
LL

6 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 7

That is so not goping to look good. The topper is going to overwhelm the cake and make it look top-heavy.

You can dowel the top tier for support if the couple decides to go with this.

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 7

Someone wrote in an earlier post about using straws & coffee stirrers for support for wired stars. Might work in this situation too?

jadex77x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadex77x Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 3:39am
post #4 of 7

how about making a "mini" or scaled down version of the topper to "fit" the cake ??

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #5 of 7

I think the topper would look really good on that cake if the top teir were larger. I just cant see it going on top of a 6 inch teir. What are they thinking?

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:15am
post #6 of 7

Sorry, I didnt realize that they want a topper INSPIRED by this one, not this one exactly. I think if you just scale it down and not use so much then it will work. I actually think it would look good. Are you going to make it from gumpaste or are you suppose to use artificial materials, same as the one's in the pic.? I'm thinking you mean that your supposed to make them out of gumpaste to look like the one's in the pic.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #7 of 7

If you scale it way down I think it may look very coolicon_smile.gif Obtaining that bronze would be tricky to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%