Bright Colors For Icing And Fondant

Decorating By LynnSteve0878 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 11:59am by Lee15

LynnSteve0878 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LynnSteve0878 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:16am
post #1 of 4

Can someone tell me how to get icing and fondant in really bright colors? Specifically, I would like hot pint and neon green. I know I've seen it on cakes, but when I shop, I don't see anything quite that bright in the color aisle. Thank you icon_smile.gif

3 replies
eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:32am
post #2 of 4

Hi not sure if I can be of any great help as I am learning myself, but I sat through a demo by Debbie Brown where she mixed yellow with green to get a far brighter green colour than the standard you buy. What I'm guessing is that maybe you start with one colour and add another to get desired shade. Only other option may be to see what pastes are on offer, again I just have several normal ones but maybe neons are on offer? Then you can simply dye your own. Good luck!

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:39am
post #3 of 4

I swear by Americolor gels. You can get them in "electric" colors and their pink is so vibrant without using a ton. They can be found online at most cake and cookie decorating sites.

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 4

Definitely Americolor - they have the neon line. Check out the green on my masked ball cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%