Raspberry Filling Help!

Decorating By cserwa Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 12:44am by cserwa

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #1 of 4

FOrgive the duplicate, but I think I posted in the wrong area the first time...

I tried the raspberry filling on here (most popular recipe found in saved section). REcipe will follow my post.

The taste was great, but the texture wasn't like a filling. I waited until it was cool and then refrigerated it overnight before filling cake the following day. It certainly wasn't the thin type of easily-spread filling I'm used to. It all clumped together and was kind of difficult to spread once it was refrigerated. I had to kind of scoop the excess into a jar to refrigerate. It was way too thick and clumpy to just pour into the jar to save extras. Did I add too much corn starch??? Help!! Thanks!

merissa's raspberry filling:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes.....ry-filling

3 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 5:31am
post #2 of 4

Maybe if you let it come to RT, and stir it well it will spread easier. But next time use 1 tsp less cornstarch, that will help you get the right consistency. HTH

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:39am
post #3 of 4

I think the cornstarch gives it that consistency so that it won't run and seep into the cake. You could very gently heat it to make it spreadable. I love the stuff.

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:44am
post #4 of 4

Excellent suggestions. I don't know how I didn't even think to heat! Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%