Can I Use Sugar Shack's Buttercream Between Layers?

Decorating By aej6 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 9:42am by grandmom

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,
New here and very excited...so many ideas!!
Working on a 2 tier cake for Sunday and just made Sugar Shack's Buttercream for the first time. I am wondering...is it strong enough to put betwween cake the layers in each tier? Last thing I want is for this cake to come crashing down!
Thanks for any ideas....the pictures and feedback on other posts are so inspiring with ideas!

AEJ6

4 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 5

I don't see why not, if you think it is not thick enough, thicken it with a little powered sugar, all her videos show her filling her cakes with her buttercream. I don't use plain buttercream as my fillings, only use fruit, cheesecake etc. I only the use her buttercream to cover my cakes, and I used the Wilton recipe to fill cakes, when I took the Wilton classes. HTH

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 5

Absolutely. If I have to carve a cake, I don't like to use fruit or pudding as fillings. I only use Sugarshack's buttercream because of the taste (and texture). It's a real crowd pleaser. It doesn't need to be firmed up any more to use as a filling as long as you follow her recipe.

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! (so quick!!)
I did follow her recipe but I did NOT use hi ratio shortening as I did not know what it was/where to get it. I used Crisco....it tastes fine and I am still amazed that it can just sit on the counter for a few days.....

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 9:42am
post #5 of 5

Absolutely. I do it all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%