Buying Premade Gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 2:02am by Rylan

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 6

I'm ordering something online for a cake that I have coming up and for another cake I need 50 red gumpaste roses. I found that I can buy them for less than I charged the customer so it might be worth me time just to buy them premade. Has anyone ordered them before? For under a dollar a rose, isn't that a fairly cost efficient way to do it?

5 replies
blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 6

Depends on where you are buying them on-line and the quality of the work. I have ordered gumpaste stargazer lilies and roses on-line, it was well worth the investment and my time. HTH
Hammy

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 6

I buy nearly everything. I don't have the time to make their any more, and they're SO inexpensive, I can add profit. icon_smile.gif

I purchase most from www. avalon deco .com It's a small biz like me and I like to give my biz to other small businesses. Also, if you order by 3 pm Eastern time, he'll get it packed and to the shipper the same day. Ii regularly order as late 2:55 pm and have my order in hand 2 days later. Flowers are beautiful and things are well packed. David's one of the "good guys." Say hi from me if you call.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 12:55am
post #5 of 6

anyone ever order them from www. cal java online .com ?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #6 of 6

I bought some from Cal Java at Cake Camp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%