Dough Hook

Decorating By salsaman42 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 1:55am by Tee-Y

salsaman42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salsaman42 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 7

I can't remember EVER reading this hint in any forum, so maybe it's really a nEW idea, today I mixed gumpaste & fondant and dyed it using the dough hook on my kitchenaid! Works like a charm! I made up 2 pounds, prally couldn't do it if you had a lot to color, but it worked great for that...so fast!

6 replies
Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:29am
post #2 of 7

Isn't it great?! I never used my dough hook til I made mmf in my KA and it was a breeze. I love it! icon_smile.gif

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:58am
post #3 of 7

Thanks.. I make my fondant with the dough hook..but I never thought of mixing the gumpaste and colouring that way..DUH!!! That will save the arm strenghth.Thanks again.

terrijproductions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrijproductions Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 7

Excellent tip. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaman42

I can't remember EVER reading this hint in any forum, so maybe it's really a nEW idea, today I mixed gumpaste & fondant and dyed it using the dough hook on my kitchenaid! Works like a charm! I made up 2 pounds, prally couldn't do it if you had a lot to color, but it worked great for that...so fast!

Thanks salsaman42, great idea, do you have anymore ideas, I always love when I can save time and energy for something else. Thanks again

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 7

I use my dough hook too!

For me, I use it mostly when there is a dark color and dont want to knead for 10 minutes icon_biggrin.gif

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

Time to bring my dough hook out of storage! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thanks for the tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%