Cup Cake Pull Apart Cake

Decorating By ChefDebby Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm by travmand

ChefDebby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefDebby Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:25am
post #1 of 5

Hello! Can someone give me a tutorial on (or point me to) pull-apart cakes? I've never done one before and am not sure how to start.Many thanks in advance!Debby

4 replies
momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 5

Are you talking about a cupcake cake?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:07am
post #3 of 5

Or perhaps this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAEkDz2Henc&feature=channel_page ?

If you were meaning the cupcake cake then you would just sit some cupcakes on a board in the shape you want to make. I would secure the outer cuppies with a dot of frosting on the board so they don't go rolling when you move the board. Try to arrange the cuppies so there is as little space as possible in between them and then frost the top with a speed icer, smooth and decorate.

SUUMEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUUMEME Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #4 of 5

You are talking about a "ccc" cupcake cake, put ccc in the search bar and you will get lots of ideas. I have several in my gallery as well, great for birthdays at the park. Like the post before me said, secure the ones on the outside w/ a dab of frosting on the bottom so it sitcks to the board then carfully spread the butter cream over the entire surface. Watch the edges so you don't have gobs of frosting leaning over the edge- after all you will not be spreading the sides of the cake w/ it. the decorate as usuall, you can add a border or not. They get made fun of a lot but people love them!

travmand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travmand Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 5

These sound so cool...why haven't I heard of these before? What's the largest anyone has made ....... can you go as big as a sheet cake? I've been experimenting with WASC and have been having trouble with it falling in the middle. Should I stay away from WASC when doing this sort of thing?

Chris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%