Forgot To Coat My Pans

Decorating By crnewbold Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm by DefyGravity

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 8

Yikes! I just put a cake in the oven and I used a pan that I had not coated. The first thing I did was coat a pan, but when time came to pour the batter in I used an un-coated pan. I realized this as I was cleaning up and found my treated pan across the kitchen on the table. Anyhow . . . I don't know if there is a way to get this cake out of the pan. Any suggestions?

7 replies
MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 8

Oh I'm sorry this happened! I don't know the answer, but wanted to give you a *bump*! Good luck!!!

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 8

I'll wish you good luck maybe some one can give you good advice!!!! If all else fails CAKE BALLS! icon_biggrin.gif

crnewbold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crnewbold Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the moral support! I'm happy to report that my cake came out in one piece. After cooling on a rack for 10 minutes, I ran a knife around the outside about three times, shook the pan in short back-and-forth twisting motion about a dozen times in an attempt to loosen it, and turned it over, tapped and then lifted the pan with gently back-and-forth twisting motion. The cake was qutie cooked on the edges, and I had inserted a rose nail before putting it in the oven; those may have been factors in my success.

You can bet that I'll never to THAT again.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 12:11am
post #5 of 8

I bet you won't I will tell you that even when i have sprayed my pans recently they have stuck. so here is what i did i put a piece of wax paper on the top of it and put my cooling rack on top and flip it over and don't take the pan off and let it cool. some how the moisture gets trapped up inside the pan and ta da it came right out.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 8

I *LOVE* happy endings!!! So glad it worked out for you! icon_smile.gif

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 8

Haha, this has happened to me just a few weeks ago! I was also lucky enough mine came out in one piece. I use the fat daddio pans....not sure if that had anything to with it or not. Your right, it will never happen again icon_biggrin.gif

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 8

I'm glad it worked! My SIL once sprayed a pan with cooking spray... it definitely took some coaxing to get it out!

Everyone makes mistakes icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%