Thanksgiving/70Th Birthday - Help!

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm by Doug

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 4

My Mom turns 70 this year on Thanksgiving. She decided since she is so grateful for all she has she is having a party for her 70th on THANKSGIVING. Guestimate of about 80 people attending. Figured I would do a tiered cake. I was gonna do a fall take on the daisy cake the one where the top tier is covered and as you go down the cake they get less but she didn't like that said the top is overdone. SIGH! She jokingly said next year I can make her a pretty cake..... I want it to be beautiful for her. I just moved back so this is the first cake I get to make for her. She has no hobbies except her grandchildren. I was gonna do a figure of her and a 70 for the topper. I'm stumped. I have to use creamcheese frosting as regular buttercream doesn't agree with her and am limited to just accent pieces in fondant. Her last birthday cake was when my sister was taking course 2 and the clown cake from that ended up her birthday cake!

Thanks in Advance,

JUDI

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 4

road of life cake?
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=road+life&album=-&search_user=

cake w/ edible images of her life -- with heavy emphasis on children and grandchildren?

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 4

Doug:

Those cakes are really neat. I don't think my mom would "get" it. She is kind of innocent - small town, married at 17, 5 kids, divorced after over 20 years of marriage, works at walmart, 17 grandkids. She still is very trusting and not jaded at all. I'm thinking more elegant/simple. She doesn't want anything "overdone" - sigh!

Judi

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 4

open book cake that looks like a photo album?
(again, edible images -- her coworkers at WalMart in the bakery dept could do them for you I bet)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%