Beer Buttercream

Baking By OuSunshine Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm by adree313

OuSunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OuSunshine Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a Guiness Cake for my father for his birthday. Does anyone have a recipe for the beer butter cream???? I have looked on Amazing Wedding Cakes website and found the discussion but not the way to make this. Please help if you can!!!!!!

5 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:07am
post #2 of 6

Ummmm...I dont like beer at all, but what about just making your regular buttercream and using the beer as the liquid? I dont know if that would be good or not as the thought of beer and frosting sounds gross to me, but as I said I dont like beer. I often will use coffee as the liquid in my bc, pretty much any liquid can be used.

alyssia2777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alyssia2777 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 6

Loranne's makes a champagne flavor but I have never tasted it. I usually use 1 dram of any flavor in my icing if it a large batch and the taste is sufficient. A dram is about $2.00.
You can also try a malt flavoring or extract. If you are going to use beer I would use a flat one and see how that works out.
I have made the Chocolate Guinesse cake and just used Chocolate butteream icing and it was awesome! It's a great cake that your dad will most definitely enjoy if this is the same one.

If you find a good recipe let me know, I'd be very interested!!

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

Just add Guinesse to the buttercream, small amounts at a time and keep adding until it's right.
Andrea

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #5 of 6

oh, oh, oh, I know......I use Baileys buttercream for my guiness cupcakes...it compliments it very well....and people that don't like beer then love the overall taste of the bite.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #6 of 6

i seem to remember the woman on amazing wedding cakes actually putting the beer on the stove and boiling it to reduce it a bit? but i can't remember exactly what she did after that. sorry that was probably no help whatsoever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%