Nc State Fair Cake Competition!

Business By tannersmom Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 12:24am by keystone

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone heard if the state fair in North Carolina will have a cake competition this year. I can't find anything on it. I've emailed them several times but they never replied. If you have any info, please let me know.

Thanks
Stephanie

3 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, Stephanie! Good luck getting anyone to answer your questions. I finally got a booklet (make that two) that gives all the info, rules and regulations on entering a cake in the fair. For some reason, there is a height limit on the cakes you can bring in ~ something crazy like under 2 feet! Anyway, I will try to find the booklet on my messy kitchen table if you need information. Just PM me with your questions and I'll try to answer them!

Starkie

stinkerbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stinkerbell Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 4

Hi, I registered on-line a few weeks ago. I received an e-mail with a confirmation number but have not heard anything else. Should I have received a booklet with the rules or just go by whats on the we-site? I saw the 20" height limit.
This is my first ever fair entry and I don't really know what to expect. My girls are way more excited than I am.
If you find out any other info I would love to hear it. Cheryl icon_smile.gif

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 4

If you online to the state fair website. Go to competitons. It is in the premium booklet. Go to the Family and Consumer Products area- then Department W. The whole booklet is online. Good luck! Maybe I can come check out your cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%