I Got My Stuff!!

Decorating By sugarandslice Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm by sugarandslice

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:40am
post #1 of 11

I AM SOOOO EXCITED.
icon_biggrin.gif
My huge box from Global Sugar Art full of gorgeous goodies just arrived!

You would not believe how much cheaper it is to buy caking equipment in the States than it is in Australia.
An example: one particular Wilton pan I wanted was very hard to find in Australia and the best price I could find was $46 +postage. I got it for $14.99!!!
And I have a friend with an APO so the shipping wasn't a killer either!

Oh I am so happy. Just wanted to share my joy with you all here because I know you'll understand. I can't expect my DH to share the excitement! icon_lol.gif
Emma

10 replies
tonyas_jewels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyas_jewels Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:01am
post #2 of 11

I know how exciting it is to get new cake goodies!! I am happy for you.....you will have fun for awhile playing with all your new goodies!!

iwantcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iwantcookies Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:28am
post #3 of 11

ooh! what sort of goodies did u get?? I am in Aus also and have contemplated buying from Global Sugar Art but wasn't sure it was worth the postage costs?? tell me tell me so i can go crazy with my credit card too!!

sugarandslice Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:37am
post #4 of 11

Hi iwantcookies. It might be a bit different for you in Sydney if there are a few cake dec shops competing with each other near you, but I've only got two locally, neither of which stocks very much and it's all sooo expensive.
And even shopping online in Aus is more expensive than buying from the States.
I got loads of cutters (fmm, ateco), a bead cutter, a multi-ribbon cutter, lots of Americolor colours, silicone moulds, Wilton shaped pans, a clay gun, luster dusts etc etc. It cost me about $200US. The great thing was I only had to pay as if it was local US postage because my friend here in Aus has an APO box. I'm not sure if it would be worth it if you had to pay full postage to Aus, but you could have a look. I guess if you ordered enough it might make the postage costs easier to swallow!
The prices will make you cry! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
Emma

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:56am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcm51

The prices will make you cry!

No........YOU are making me cry!

I am so seriously green with envy right now.

I'm so excited for you........but I still wish it was me. icon_lol.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

sugarandslice Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:49am
post #6 of 11

Oh, if only we were closer we could share!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif
But I'm in Canberra, sorry girls!

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 11

YAY!!! I just got a huge box from global sugart art as well last week! Isn't it the best? Have fun playing with all your new toys

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:28pm
post #8 of 11

I have to say i also, was quite excited last night, cause my son brought me home a big bag from global. He came home for the weekend and is going to school right down the road. So i told him as long as he was coming home he could save me the shipping and pick up my order. After a bit of reminding from me he actually remembered to get it. icon_smile.gif

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 11

I to always get so excited about my new cake stuff and when I try to explain it to people they usually look at me like I'm crazy. I just tell them, it's like giving a 16 yr old their first set of car keys. Then they kinda get it. Oh well I guess us cake tool crazies are better to understand the excitment. LOL... Enjoy your new stuff and don't stay up to late playing with it. LOL... I always do.

Enjoy and have fun!!!

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcm51

Oh, if only we were closer we could share!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif
But I'm in Canberra, sorry girls!

OK. Bags packed, plane tickets.......what do you want me to pick up for breakfast?

Seriously, my parents are coming down to Floriade. Where can you meet them?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Reality check. "Oh. So you don't really wanna share?"

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

sugarandslice Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm
post #11 of 11

Sorry Jen80, the offer to share was before I actually started playing with all my lovely new stuff. Now that I've had a go at it, I've come over all possessive. It's not a good colour on me icon_lol.gif I did stay up too late and almost went to bed with my clay extruder in my hand (that is SO much fun)
Now I just need a cake to make!!! icon_cry.gif
But I'm sure your folks will love Floriade (if it stops raining mud!!). It's really great this year.
Emma

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%