My Mil And Fil Are So Funny!

Lounge By prterrell Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm by LHUmom3

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 6

I'm sitting here on the couch, taking a quick break after running errands all morning/early afternoon and getting ready to have to leave for the rest of the day until late evening to attend a workshop and I hear a lawn mower motor crank up right outside our window. I'm thinking what the heck??? So I go out on the deck and my MIL and FIL are in the back yard. My MIL has just started up the mower and my FIL is getting out the weed-eater. I had no idea they were here! icon_lol.gif

5 replies
BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 6

lol, how do you get in-laws that come over and do your gardening?? Where can i find some!!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 6

Can my place be next??? thumbs_up.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:04pm
post #4 of 6

I will trade you inlaws. Mine are always trying to get us to come over and help them with lawn and garden chores yet they never offer to come do our yard.

The other day I managed to be very polite when my MIL called wanting my boys to be her free labor in the garden after school. They couldn't anyway because they had an after school activity but even at normal time they don't walk in the door until after 4pm. Then we have homework, showers, supper, etc before my first grader has to go to bed at 8:30. Spending two hours doing chores for Grandma just doesn't fit in the schedule.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #5 of 6

Eh, we just got lucky. Mine LIKE doing yardwork. MIL actually gets disappointed if we cut our lawn, because she wants to! icon_biggrin.gif

LHUmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LHUmom3 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 6

My DH and I don't have ILs to help with our lawn but we have next-door-neighbors! Sometimes our NDN mows our lawn for us...it's a nice surprise to have! But then again, when our youngest son was living at home, he would go over and shovel snow from their driveway after he shoveled ours. Since we are "empy nesters" now, I will continue the tradition this winter. We are always doing things for each other. It's nice to have that kind of relationship with your neighbors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%