Need Help

Decorating By Allyssanb Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm by moscakes5

Allyssanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allyssanb Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 7

i was asked by my mother and her office to make a cake for one of the girls who is getting married in two weeks for the office shower that they are throwing for her, and one of the gals in the office had an idea of me doing a mini three tier wedding cake but i don't know what size of pans to get and i really don't have a lot of time to plan everything out since they just set the date yesterday and i am going tonight to get my pans but not sure of what to get

6 replies
tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 7

I know this is to late, but pan size would depend on how many people are going to be at the shower....you would want to make the sizes so that the serving would match the people invited.

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:57am
post #3 of 7

I agree with toni. But if you just want a small. how about a 6, 9, 12?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 7

Small to me is 4, 6, 8 or 6, 8, 10.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 7

If is a small group a 9, 6, 3or 4 would work. Did that for my granddaughter's Safari cake.

Allyssanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allyssanb Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 7

i ended up going to get the 6x3 8x3 and the 10x3 since that is all my store carried and i still have to go back to get the heating core for my 10x3 pan this weekend and the pearl dust that I'm going to use on the fondant
the only problem that i am having is finding the cake boards and enough fondant to cover all three of the tiers i still have one more place that i am going to drive over to and see if they carry what i am looking for. the only other problem that i am having is that i have to figure out how to do the fillings for the cake since what I'm going to do is basically do the three tiers with three out of the four flavors that she is having at her wedding that coming weekend so I'm planning on doing a white , lemon and, almond flavored cake since the bride actually cake is going to be a four tier cake with the three flavors plus a chocolate tier and i already have my work cut out for me since I'm a baking and pastry student during the week and i'm doing this as a favor to my moms work i have quite a bit to do for this cake in a short amount of time to get everything perfect

since what my mom is going to do is give her the rest of the my cake that i am making since the bride has a really large family with her step fathers family and cousins is that we are going to give her the left over cake from the party so that her cousins , family will have stuff to eat that week since it will just sit in the fridge at my moms work then she will have her leftover wedding cake from her actually wedding that Saturday

moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 7

I would consider using the flower nail technique available on this site if you already have flower nails. It would save you a trip for the heating cores.

As far as finding additional supplies depending on where you are located and how long it takes to get to your store try:

http://www.cakesupplies4u.com/

They ship same day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%