Surprise Birthday Cake Challenge!!!

Decorating By CbyA Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 6:58am by Elise87

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:32pm
post #31 of 45

She's probably a perfectly delightful person. I'd imagine she'd be a lot of fun to drink with.

However, I don't think she could have tried to make the kitchen more disgusting if she tried. I realize its a competition and she was scrambling, but good grief, Charlie Brown. Is that how her normal kitchen is? She can't possibly work in that manner and then scrub everything down every night.

After seeing her in a couple challenges, she really needs to work cleaner and smarter. She needs to learn a more thought out game plan and definitely needs to check her emotions at the door.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 10:56pm
post #32 of 45

"She is absolutely disgusting!"
"she is so ridiculous..."
"Sorry but she is a disaster..."

Those sound personal to me. Not talking about her cake, or even her kitchen, but her. There are others if you look.

Perhaps I am old fashioned, and it's all right to say mean things about people these days.
After all, why should she be a real person with real feelings?
Not to mention, some of her friends belong to this site. Must make them feel good to read threads like this.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:29pm
post #33 of 45

I must of missed those comments. I again didnt trash HER personally. I dont think its very nice to do that to people either. But this is after all, a cake website and I think its perfectly exceptable for people to give their opinion on others work whether it be bad or good. I know that I personally do not execute every cake perfectly and Im the first one to see my mistakes. I take critisism even though its hard for me not to get emotional about it, but I will take the comments because I feel that it makes me strive to be better. I think if everyone told everyone that everything they did was the greatest thing out there, that it would be unfair to them. But I agree, that some people should be a little bit more tactful in how they word things.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:38am
post #34 of 45

Well, I like her stuff, she's an artist, not a baker. I think it's stupid to put her on a show like the cake challenges, though, since everyone there obviously wants a pretty cake, and that's not what she does. It's obviously done for the drama of it, and especially since she makes no secret of not liking Kerry Vincent, who obviously doesn't like her either.

Artists' studios can get pretty messy, people. Just because she uses food as her medium doesn't mean that she'll work like she's making something for someone to actually eat. At least she doesn't have a stick up her butt like a lot of the people on the challenges seem to.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Well, I like her stuff, she's an artist, not a baker. I think it's stupid to put her on a show like the cake challenges, though, since everyone there obviously wants a pretty cake, and that's not what she does. It's obviously done for the drama of it, and especially since she makes no secret of not liking Kerry Vincent, who obviously doesn't like her either.

Artists' studios can get pretty messy, people. Just because she uses food as her medium doesn't mean that she'll work like she's making something for someone to actually eat. At least she doesn't have a stick up her butt like a lot of the people on the challenges seem to.

I totally TOTALLY agree with you. I agree so much I fainted.

costumeczar Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:56am
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:

I'm glad you're revived!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 3:00am
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:

LOL....I agree too! thumbs_up.gif ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Virtually splashing water on Rylan's face....wake up Ry. icon_razz.gif

vandeM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vandeM Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:12pm
post #38 of 45

Why is it that only losers say "they don't understand my work."

When was the last time you heard a truly talented person say that.

Food Network uses her for her entertainment value. . .the artist (yeah right) we love to hate

costumeczar Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:36pm
post #39 of 45

VandeM-- Well, considering that most critics thought that Van Gogh's paintings were crap while he was alive, and he only gained popularity after his death, I wouldn't say that. I hear a lot of really talented musicians say that kind of thing, too, and they're right.

By the way, I find it interesting that your first post here is so nasty, oh, I mean "provocative." Troll, anyone?

cakefanatic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefanatic Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 10:51pm
post #40 of 45

MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!! WHAT A DISASTER!!

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:05pm
post #41 of 45

I am pretty impressed with her work on her website. In truth I was excited to see the finished product of her original drawing, I thought it would be quite elegant. Unfortunately like we all have experienced at one point in time, the cake just didn't wanna work with her. Did you see how it was stacking and how she had to spackle it, not so much the fun she thought it would be.

The thing that scared me most was the open liquor and flame and sugar, bad combo and I am glad no one got hurt. I think we are all tested sometimes and we just try to salvage what we can.

Rylan Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:55pm
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandeM

Why is it that only losers say "they don't understand my work."

When was the last time you heard a truly talented person say that.

Food Network uses her for her entertainment value. . .the artist (yeah right) we love to hate

I always say, "they don't understand my work". I must be a loser and untalented.

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:56pm
post #43 of 45

I'm dumbfounded!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif ! WHAT WAS THAT?????

Rylan Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:16am
post #44 of 45
Quote:

VandeM-- Well, considering that most critics thought that Van Gogh's paintings were crap while he was alive, and he only gained popularity after his death, I wouldn't say that. I hear a lot of really talented musicians say that kind of thing, too, and they're right.

By the way, I find it interesting that your first post here is so nasty, oh, I mean "provocative." Troll, anyone?

Costumeczar, I don't know why but I always find myself agreeing with you.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:58am
post #45 of 45

i just watched a few video things on youtube with the cake challenges cose i don't get that program and looks pretty fun to watch.....is there by any chance a website or somewhere where i can watch episodes because i can't find much on youtube on it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%