Corpse Bride Cake ~ Help? Advice?

Decorating By susanscakecreations Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 2:17pm by jlynnw

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a Corpse Bride Cake (like the PinkCakeBox one) (http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/corpse-bride-wedding-cake-2007-10-30.htm) for a Halloween wedding reception...I'm SUPER excited to do it, but I have some questions.......I don't have an airbrush (yet), and was wondering how to get the blueish/purple colors without one, and also she wants red velvet cake with cream cheese filling........does anyone have a good "stable" cream cheese filling recipe that can be used under fondant without refrigeration, or do I need to find a cream cheese flavoring to use?

Thanks for your help!!!
Susan

2 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 3

bump

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 3

I have heard that cream cheese and fondant don't mix. I have never had a problem. I keep the cake in the box in the fridge to prevent any condensation on the cake. Also, Wiltons has color in a can, color mist???, that you might be able to use. I think it smells like aquanet.

Cream cheese icing

2 large pkg Philly cream cheese
1 cup hi ration shortening
4 - 5 pounds powder sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
vanilla if you like it

Mix until you get a nice consistancy. I tend to make mine a bit thicker than normal if I use it under fondant. Also, due to hearing it doesn't work good with fondant, I generally do the cake the morning in cream cheese and at the last minute do in fondant, stack and deliver. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%