Where Do I Buy Florist Wire???

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 2:24am by MrsNancyB1

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 3

I must be completely missing something, because I've been to Michael's, Joanns, and Walmart and can't seem to find the florist wire that everyone uses to make their GP flowers. Also, what gauge wire do I need?

Please help a clueless cake buddy. icon_razz.gif

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 3

It's near the silk flowers. In Walmart it's the aisle with the styrofoam squares and the little glass rocks.

I use a variety of gauges...from 26 down to 18. The smaller the number, the thicker the wire. When you buy it, buy a pair of needlenose pliers with the wire cutter...your kitchen scissors will thank you for not cutting wire with them icon_biggrin.gif

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much! No wonder I couldn't find it, I didn't think it would be in that aisle. I'll be heading there tomorrow to finally get caught up with the masses. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%