My First Wedding Cake Picture,,,thank To All Your Suggestion

Decorating By janet2009 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm by Jeff_Arnett

janet2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 18

Hello to everyone,

First of all i would like to thank you guys for all your great ideas/suggestions for making this wedding cake a success, I have made a3 tiers wedding cake for my brother in law's weeding last sept. 19, It's a (WASC) chocolate cake with fudge
filling (Macsmom recipe), then a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling also macsmom recipe here in CC and i got a lot of compliments...Guests said the cake was so delicious..i followed FlourpowerMN recipe for the raspberry filling and kakeladi fudge filling recipe...thanks also to debster, alanaj, tracey, kakeladi , flourpowerMN and everyone who replied to my post,,,thank you thank you so much,,,,i feel so happy because it was my first time to make a wedding cake it turn out to be great. I got the design of the cake from diane's cake more website....she has a beautiful and gorgeous cake decorations.
Here is the picture of the cake...and again thank you guys...
LL
LL

17 replies
phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #2 of 18

You did a fabulous job! It is such a great feeling when you get compliments after putting in hours of work. thumbs_up.gif

mwest110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mwest110 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:14am
post #3 of 18

Great job. I love how you did the flowers.

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:36am
post #4 of 18

yes! you are absolutely right Phoufer,,,,its worth the effort and time,,,,thank you

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #5 of 18

thank you mwest110... icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:55am
post #6 of 18

Looks great. I love the flow of flowers as well.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:55am
post #7 of 18

Your Cake looks GREATTT and you did a awesome job on it! Your flowers are beautiful. You should be very proud of your cake, your hard work and of yourself.

God Bless,
Sharon

olivia751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olivia751 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:27am
post #8 of 18

Hi janet,

Its really a great job.Your cake is really looking beautiful.... icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Regards,
Olivia

Beach wedding cake favor boxes

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:40am
post #9 of 18

Well done Janet, it's a beautiful cake! I also like how the flowers trail off the cake, very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:46am
post #10 of 18

Your cake came out great! I love the flowers

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:43am
post #11 of 18

Kudos!! icon_biggrin.gif

You are off to a great start of many beautiful wedding cakes!! thumbs_up.gif

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 18

Thank you guys.....i did the flowers with fondant....well...i'm so tahnkful and grateful from the nice people here CC who are very generous to share their expertise and excellent ideas. As a newbie in cake decorating i thought i can not make it...but now i have proven to myself that if you are willing to learn and interested to know things especially in cake decorating yopu will be able to make it! Now i can say that i have the self confidence now to tell my friends that i can make delicious wedding cakes with pretty decorations. And lastly bunch of thanks to my instructor in my Wilton Class.... icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

susana74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susana74 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:38pm
post #13 of 18

Great job. icon_biggrin.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm
post #14 of 18

love the colours and the flowers - great job icon_smile.gif

NancyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancyS Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:33pm
post #15 of 18

Very pretty. Nice colors.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 18

It turned out great!! =o)

janet2009 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:39pm
post #17 of 18

thanks guys.... icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet2009

Hello to everyone,

First of all i would like to thank you guys for all your great ideas/suggestions for making this wedding cake a success, I have made a3 tiers wedding cake for my brother in law's weeding last sept. 19, It's a (WASC) chocolate cake with fudge
filling (Macsmom recipe), then a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling also macsmom recipe here in CC and i got a lot of compliments...Guests said the cake was so delicious..i followed FlourpowerMN recipe for the raspberry filling and kakeladi fudge filling recipe...thanks also to debster, alanaj, tracey, kakeladi , flourpowerMN and everyone who replied to my post,,,thank you thank you so much,,,,i feel so happy because it was my first time to make a wedding cake it turn out to be great. I got the design of the cake from diane's cake more website....she has a beautiful and gorgeous cake decorations.
Here is the picture of the cake...and again thank you guys...

Very Very nice! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%