Progression

Decorating By d3sc3n7 Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 12:55pm by LaBellaFlor

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #1 of 4

Ok guys...just wondering here. What kind of progression should you expect when learning this trade? I'm self taught..and have never taken a class.

If have so many ideas in my head for how to do a cake...but when it comes down to it...my final product, and my plan dont quite match up. I'm going to guess that its a pretty slow process?

The cakes in my photos are my last 4. The cake I did before that was years back, so I dont count that.

I am happy that I've started using/making MMF, and did my first tiered cake with success!

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:58am
post #2 of 4

I think this varies for everyone. Some people catch on to somethings better/quicker then others. As they say practice makes perfect. I'm also self taught. I started a long time ago by reading Wilton's yearbooks & The Cake Bible when it first came out. I'm sure I will take a class in something eventually, I just haven't had the opportunity. And no, it won't be a Wilton's course at Michael's.

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 4

Well, I appreciate the response...however, I dont remember posting this!

I was really tired last night, and just staring at my laptop...ooops!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 4

LOL! Make sure to take naps in between site visists. You'll be able to feed your CC addiction throught out the day without getting tired. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%