Help!!! Cake Not Cooked All The Way Through!

Decorating By Starkie Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm by dandelion56602

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:25am
post #1 of 6

I thought this cake was cooked, but after I leveled it, I realized that it needed a few more minutes. What can I do? It's already leveled, so there is an exposed end on the cake. Should I just go with it, and hope that it's not too underdone?

5 replies
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 6

I would make a new one and bake it longer this time.

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

I agree with mmoseley. I've had this happen and did research on it. All that I found is that it is not advisable to stick it back into the oven because your cake that is cooked (the outer edge) will become dry from overcooking.

Sorry it happened to you.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 6

I agree, you need to rebake. Cake batter just dosen't keep the way that baked cake does, and I'd worry that the raw part would make someone sick, but putting it back in the oven doesn't work well...I've tried it before and it makes a tough dry cake. If you could level it down past the raw part without losing too much height, that might work.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 6

Yep rebake a new one. Can't bake that one more. I tried on a carrot cake.....talk about disaster. Dry and tough.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 6

Use the done part for cake truffles (you can freeze it if you don't need it now). Make sure you use an upside down flower nail or heating core in the center, bake even strips if you have them & at 325

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%