In Need Of A Peanut Butter Filling

Baking By learningtodecorate Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm by Mike1394

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 8

Is there anybody out there that has a peanut butter filling recipe I can try? I'm doing a coach peanut butter cake purse with a peanut butter filling. It has to be done by Thursday, because I have anthor cake to do on Friday.

7 replies
grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 8

I used the recipe found on this site at:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2314/peanut-butter-cup-filling

It only makes a tiny batch, so you will have to multiply it. I quadrupled it for a torted two-layer 8-inch cake, but had too much, so tripling it would have been enough for that cake.

I had to add LOTS more powdered sugar than it called for to get it to a good consistency, but it really did taste great! Very peanut-buttery in color and taste. Just yummy!!

Oh, I also substituted reconstituted non-dairy creamer for the liquid.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

For my peanut butter filling, I just melt a stick of butter and 1 cup peanut butter in a saucepan, just until melted. Pour into KA bowl an mix in powdered sugar until it's slightly thinner than the consistency of the inside of a peanut butter cup. Once you've reached that stage slowly fold in whipped cream. As long as it's kept cold this filling as a good staying power. I wouldn't want to leave it set out in the hot sun or where it was real warm for a very prolonged period of time because of the whipped cream.

cakefort Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefort Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 8

I've added peanut butter to a standard BC recipe. YUM!

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 8

I made up this peanut butter bc recipe a few weeks ago to top a peanut butter and banana cake that I made. Here it is:

Frosting:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 c peanut butter
1/4 c unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
5 c powdered sugar
1 T milk

Cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, butter, and
vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Beat for 1 minute after all
powdered sugar is incorporated. Add the milk and beat on medium speed for 4 more minutes.

This generously filled and frosted an 8" two layer cake so you might want to 1/2 it if you go with this one. My family loved it! You could really taste the peanut butter!

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:09am
post #6 of 8

I've made a PB mousse that is really nice, although you hafve to let it set overnight.
3oz of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 cup pb - i use chunky
2-3cups powdered sugar, depending how sweet you'd like it
1-2 tbsp of milk
whip all this up and set aside.
2 cups heavy cream- whip until stiff and gently fold into your peanut butter mixture. yummy

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 8

beat peanut butter into buttercream to taste.....yummy yum yum and so very sweet!!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 8

PB + marshmallow fluff

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%