Could Use Some Help With A Cake Design That Will Be On Tv

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm by tonedna

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 5

My boss called yesterday to tell me a local cable channel is going to be filming in our shop. They will do a 1 hour program about the bakery and they want them to be able to film me working on a cake. They want it to be a "WOW" factor cake that has flowers, figures, lots of detail, and can be used after as a pricey display cake for the shop.

So..... I pretty much have free reign of the design. I'll need to prep much of it ahead of time as they are only filming for about 3.5 hours. But they want to see different stages of the process.

I'm kind of feeling lost as far as a theme for the cake. I think a "weddingish" cake would be good. I love soooo many different techniques and have wanted to try so many that I'm having a mental block now that I have too many options.

Could you guys help me brainstorm a design for this cake???

Thanks in advance!!!

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 5

Look in Edna's gallery, she has so many beautiful wedding cake.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 5

Oh wow..tiggy..thanks, I didn't expect this when I open here, what an honor.

I guess it really depends on how hard and how much time you want to put in making it. I think i would go with a dummy. That way you can save it. And have some prep work ahead. Basically what I mean is fake you are making a real cake, but when you are about to stack, have a dummy, Or, maybe have the dummy almost finish and then maybe they can film you adding the finishing touches on the cake. Just for ease of work and making sure that the cake at the end looks perfect.
I am not sure if they would go for that, but I think is something to think about.
Edna icon_smile.gif

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 5

definitely using a dummy so we can display it in the shop and get some mileage out of it. Time... don't think it matters too much. I believe my boss wants it to be pricey just so that it really makes an impact. And like you said Edna... I'll have a lot done already so I have some control over quality.

I want the filming to end with a finished cake...

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shill

definitely using a dummy so we can display it in the shop and get some mileage out of it. Time... don't think it matters too much. I believe my boss wants it to be pricey just so that it really makes an impact. And like you said Edna... I'll have a lot done already so I have some control over quality.

I want the filming to end with a finished cake...

Thats what matter a finish pretty cake!..You want to look good on cam!
I wish you best of luck! thumbs_up.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%