Decorating A Whipped Cream Frosted Cake

Decorating By floral1210 Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 2:46am by JGMB

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 5

I will be doing a bridal shower cake which the bride has requested to be lemon cake, raspberry filling, and Whipped Cream frosting. I was going to do a 12 inch square cake, buttercream iced, and planned to do a cornelli lace in pink over pale green. Now with the switch to whipped cream frosting, I am not sure if that is possible. Is it? What do I use for the lace? If not possible, are there any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance...

4 replies
floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 5

Just trying to bump this..Does anyone have any ideas?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 5

You can color whipped cream. Ice the cake in the whipped cream frosting and use your fav buttercream for the deco. There will be so little of it in comparison to the whipped cream that the difference in taste won't be very noticable.

SweetSuzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzie Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 5

I've used bettercream (not buttercream) a whipped topping mix and used it to decorate. I've made roses, shells, wrote with it etc. Works great...

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:46am
post #5 of 5

I did my first cake with whipped cream frosting on Saturday. It was fine to pipe with. The biggest problem I found was that I couldn't smooth the frosting the way I normally do -- either with a paint roller or a Viva towel. So, I refused to post a photo of it LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%