Wilton Castle Set

Decorating By Lissydawn Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 6:49pm by nonnyscakes

Lissydawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lissydawn Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my niece's birthday cake this week. I am using the Castle Set and making a Disney Princess Castle.

Anybody who has used the set, any tips you can share with me? Anything you would do differently than suggested in the directions?

Thank you!

3 replies
nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 4

I have this set but have never used it. How did your cake turn out?

Cyndycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndycakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 4

I just used part of the set for a wedding castle cake. The only complaint I had was with the melted chocolate and plastic dowels securing the towers. The larger towers were too heavy to hold them adequately. I'm going to try making a hole in the bottom and securing a wooden dowel for the princess castle that I just got a request for. I used thinned buttercream icing to secure the edible sprinkles to the roofs (turets) of the towers and it worked fine. If you don't want to cover the cake in fondant, I covered mine in crusting butter cream and imprinted with the brick mat, and it worked fine as well. You can see the castle under my photos. I haven't figured out how to attach here yet. Good luck. PS I found my set at wal mart cheaper than the wilton shop or cake shops.

nonnyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonnyscakes Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 4

I will take a look. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%