New Icing Sheet Sizes

Decorating By icingimages Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 7:06pm by linedancer

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:37am
post #1 of 10

We are looking to add more icing sheet sizes to our stock. We can make anything, but are looking to find out what you feel would be the most useful. Thank you for your suggestions in advance!

9 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:18am
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

We are looking to add more icing sheet sizes to our stock. We can make anything, but are looking to find out what you feel would be the most useful. Thank you for your suggestions in advance!

Are you referring to premade images or blank stock. Most edible image printers are limited to standard paper width, but can handle longer lengths.....it would be nice to have a legal or maybe larger sheet so you could make wraps for the side of the cake without having to piece together so many sections.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:29am
post #3 of 10

That would be a good idea, Jeff. I do cookies, so I could get more rounds out of a legal size. BTW, I always enjoy reading your posts, they are always very informative.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:50am
post #4 of 10

I agree, I would love longer sheets

icingimages Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for your input!
We do already carry 7.5x13, we are about to carry a 8.5x13.75". 14" is the longest most printer can handle and 8.5 is the widest.

What about smaller shapes and sizes? for example 1" rounds or squares? 1.5" rounds our squares? or any other shapes/sizes?
Thanks for your help

linedancer Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 10

As stated, I do mostly cookies. I prefer to design my images on a plain sheet. It accomplishes a couple of things. I can size them according to my cookie cutters, and I do not have to buy a whole package of just plain and just circles, or just any other shape. I cut them out with either a circle punch or my straight edge cutter.

You might think about offering a variety of shapes in one package. I have oval, hexagon, circle and rectangle cutters.

Another thought, is there any way you could scallop the edges?? Makes for a more elegant looking cookie.

Just thoughts off the top of my head icon_smile.gif

icingimages Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 10

I like the scallop idea. What size printable area do you think would be the best for that?

linedancer Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 10

You might try your regular size circles, are they
2 1/2"?

I also think a rectangle size would be nice. Unfortunately, I am not where my cookie cutters are and will not be for several days, so can not recommend a size. I know I have a 3x5 cutter and the other one is smaller, maybe 2x3. I like my images about a quarter inch from the edge of the cookie, I like to emboss around the edge.

Folks who do cakes might like the whole sheet scalloped on the two long sides.

Needless to say, I would be happy to test any ideas you might have icon_wink.gif
LL

icingimages Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 10

Great ideas! Do you do any chocolate?

linedancer Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:06pm
post #10 of 10

No, can't help with that. Never ventured beyond dipping pretzels and making buckeyes and coconut bonbons. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%