Butter Cream Mixed In The Cake???

Decorating By CakeMommyTX Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 5:24am by Kitagrl

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:11am
post #1 of 12

I am working on an order with a customer and she has requested Vanilla Cake with butter cream mixed in the cake??
She says thats "how they make it really moist"?

Have I missed something, does she want a huge cake ball to serve 40 or is she misinformed?
I just want to make sure I have'nt missed any new cake trends before I email her back.

Whats weird is she does'nt want any filling but she wants butter cream mixed in the cake?
I'm too tired to figure this one out on my own.

11 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:12am
post #2 of 12

That is very odd. Honestly, it sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:15am
post #3 of 12

Maybe she really means pudding? Since some people use pudding as a filling, and others use buttercream, maybe she was just a wee tad confused?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:25am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

That is very odd. Honestly, it sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about.

I vote for this. Someone who "knows ALLLLLLLL about it" but doesn't know crap.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:32am
post #5 of 12

Thats what I thought but I figured I would check first.
Now I just have to figure out a nice way to tell her she's wrong and does'nt have a clue what she's talking about....

Thanks guys!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:35am
post #6 of 12

You get a VERY puzzled look on your face, tilt your head to one side, and say, "Hmmm. I've never heard of anyone making a cake that way. who in the world told you that?"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:37am
post #7 of 12

This request sounds similar to a previous one several years ago for a "buttercream cake" (recipe) which was finally determined to be a cake with buttercream frosting and filling... icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

Agree with prterrell and indydebi, this customer doesn't know what she's talking about. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'd substitute vanilla in the WASC cake, frosted & filled with either indydebi's or SugarShack's American buttercream and call it a day. icon_smile.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:53am
post #8 of 12

I had someone request the very same thing about a year and a half ago. I told her I'd never heard of that before but that I'd ask some very experienced bakers (CC friends!), which is what I did and no one else has ever heard of that either!

I searched hi and low for a recipe online and found one but all it was, was just a cake made with butter - go figure. I made it and personally, I thought it tasted like corn bread!

So yeah, just tell her that no one you know has ever heard of it and that your cakes are super moist anyhow! HTH!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:55am
post #9 of 12

She either thinks its like "buttery cream" added in the cake (like a butter cake) or its her way of telling you she wants buttercream between the layers. I know some of my customers will say "no filling, just buttercream" so I "fill" the cake with buttercream. Some of them don't understand that layer cakes are "filled" with something, whether buttercream or something else...so I just know what they mean and say "Okay no problem" and I fill their cakes with buttercream.

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:03am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

You get a VERY puzzled look on your face, tilt your head to one side, and say, "Hmmm. I've never heard of anyone making a cake that way. who in the world told you that?"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GOOD ANSWER icon_biggrin.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:15am
post #11 of 12

it's amazing some of the dumb stuff they ask for...seems like stay stay up at night thinking of stupid requests.

i've heard buddy say you gotta learn how to handle your customers...they can't run the show.

it seems like i spend a lot of time listening to dumb requests....and i sure don't mind telling them i don't know what they are talking about.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:24am
post #12 of 12

I guess I get lucky...seems like most of my customers so far are pretty good. And if they don't know what they are talking about, they often just say "I'm sorry, I don't order cakes like this much, so I don't understand about fillings (or whatever)" and then I explain. Hey there's a first time for everything! I think the cake shows on tv are really opening people's eyes to what can be done in cake...then THEY want a cool cake for their next party, so they search online to find a baker....and I think its really helped our cause alot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%