Petite Fours Help!

Decorating By whittydoodle Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 1:09am by TitiaM

whittydoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whittydoodle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 3

I have a cake to do for a baby shower, and I want to do a small cake and then make petite fours. But I want to do baby feet petit fours and don't know how to go about it? Has anyone ever done petite fours in different shapes like this? Any help would be great!

2 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:45am
post #2 of 3

I would bake a my cake in jelly roll pan and then cut out the feet with a cookie cutter. Then all you have to do is glaze them. Just my 2 cents worth. I have never made petit fours but this is the way I would probably do them.

TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:09am
post #3 of 3

Petit fours are typically sponge cake layered with marzipan and some type of filling--ganache, or raspberry. You can use whatever cake and fillings you like, but it will be much easier if its not a crumbly kind of cake. The cake is baked split and filled then cut out in whatever shapes you would like. (I would partially freeze it before you cut it out, otherwise they can slide on you) Then they are glazed with either poured fondant or ganache. Baby feet might be challenging because the glaze tends to cover small details--but you could always try one or two and see how it goes--if they work they would be super cute icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%