My First Wedding Show

Decorating By Ruth0209 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 1:21am by cylstrial

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 7

I just did my first wedding show yesterday at a department store. I made 600 mini cupcakes for samples. It was only four hours but it was sure a big effort. I talked to a lot of brides so I hope I'll get a couple of bookings from it.

The best part was that a fellow CC'er, andree313, came by and introduced herself to me! I've never met any other CC'ers in person so that was such a treat. A new wedding venue owner asked me to have a free booth at her open house next month, so that was a great contact, too.

I'll try to attach a pic of my booth. I felt very official (and chubby, ugh) in my new chef's jacket. They misspelled my business name on their sign, but that's okay. It was nice to use my new cupcake tree. A 6' table doesn't give you much room. I think I'll ask for a second table at the next one.

I learned a lot from this show. It's a good small scale trial run for the big two day wedding show I'll do in January.
LL

6 replies
CountryCakery4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryCakery4 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 7

Wow! Good for you!! I think your display cakes are classy and your chef's jacket makes you look professional. Food luck getting your contacts going and all the best with your future shows! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 7

Good for you! icon_biggrin.gif Hope this brings you much more business.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 7

icon_smile.gif How wonderful .- and lovely that another CC came to meet you.
Do hope you get many orders - All the best for the future.

Bluehue.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

like i said, it was GREAT to meet you! i think your set up looked awesome. i wanted to ask where you got your cupcake tree? it was really pretty.

about the chef's coat, it does take some time getting used to the added bulkiness they can add -- ugh! but you get used to it and realize it's actually not toooo bad icon_smile.gif (speaking from culinary school experience)

i hope you get some orders from all those brides! i think they had a pretty nice set up up there. i never even knew there was a third floor icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

Lou71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lou71 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:39pm
post #6 of 7

Well done, I hope you get lots and lots of orders.

Fingers crossed

Louise x

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:21am
post #7 of 7

Your setup looks good and your cakes look great! I'm with you though - you should see if you can have a bigger table next year (or an extra one).

Hope you get lots of orders!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%