Pina Colada Filling..help!!!

Decorating By motherof2boys Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 3:34pm by ibmoser

motherof2boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2boys Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:52am
post #1 of 4

I have a bride requesting a pina colada filling with the WASC cake. Has anyone ever tried this and if so, how did it taste??? This one is throwing me!!! Does anyone have a good recipe for the pina colade filling??? I was thinking of just adding some Loann flavoring of pina colada to buttercream or if I can find the frostin pride, I will try it in that? Does a traditional grocery store carry frostin pride???

3 replies
moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 4

I had a request for this recently and I used vanilla pudding mix, coconut milk in place of regular milk, and strained crushed pineapple. Also I whipped up some heavy cream until stiff and then stirred that into the filling. The result was light and fluffy in texture, and lightly sweet. Be sure you buy 'coconut milk' and not creme of coconut...they are not interchangable. I followed the directions on the pudding for a pie, to get the thicker texture, then stirred in the pineapple. Strain the pineapple well so your filling won't be watery. I chilled this mixture for an hour then I made and added the whipped cream. I used one regular size box of pudding and the coconut milk for the amount of liquid it called for. I whipped them together and then added a couple of large tablespoons of the drained pineapple. The whipped cream was made with 1 cup of heavy cream.

Note: shake the can of coconut milk before you open it. If it's cold it made have some solids in it. You can heat it a little and stir it good to get it back into the liquid.

I hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

chanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanda Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 4

I mix coconut and crushed pinapple with IMBC and it is awesome!!!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 4

I have made a Pina-colada WASC using a pineapple DH mix and adding pineapple and coconut extract as the flavorings. For the filling, I used the Giant Ding-dong cake filling in the CC recipe section as a base - it is what they used to call mock whipped cream. I added dry-squeezed crushed pineapple (more than just drained - squeeze really dry in a tea towel) and sweetened dried coconut along with rum compound (you could use rum, pineapple and/or coconut extract). For the frosting, I used Meyers dark rum as the only liquid and pumped the flavor a bit with more rum compound. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%