Need Recipe For Beer Buttercream Frosting

Baking By enchantedcreations Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm by enchantedcreations

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for beer buttercream frosting? There was an episode several months ago and I believe it was on Amazing Wedding Cakes; I apologize, but I cannot remember the cake decorator's name, it's the lady w/ all the tat's in New York; (she was still w/ the other partner who was not nice to her/now she is on her own) she made a cake w/ black fondant icing, blood red roses, topped with a white cholocate skull that lite up and the buttercream frosting was flavored w/ dark ale. I really appreciate any responses. TIA. [/i][/b]

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

Just make an Italian Meringue buttercream or a Swiss meringue buttercream, and put beer in it instead of the liquers. Use a dark ale like Bass, not something wimpy. I made a chocolate Bass cake once and ate the whole thing myself, and I don't even like beer! It's sooooo good.

enchantedcreations Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, would you reduce the beer before adding it to the frosting?

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

No, but I'd put a little in and taste it until you get it to where you like it. (I mean taste the icing, not the beer icon_wink.gif )

enchantedcreations Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 7

I'll probaby end up doing both before this cake is done! Thanks for your help.

ufgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufgirl00 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #6 of 7

do you have a beer recipe for cake? or is it just better to make beer icing?

enchantedcreations Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:59pm
post #7 of 7

I made German Chocolate cake. I ended making a mousseline buttercream icing. I used a Samuel Adams dark ale and did not reduce it. When I was mixing it up, the beer "beaded" up on top of the icing, although I did have it to room temp. So I spent a lot of time stirring. This cake was for my husband and he loved it. The cake itself was a large stein with can suspended in air and the beer pouring from it. (There are several of these posted in the gallery.) He had three pieces at one time! It did not have a sweet taste to it. My daughter didn't like it, but she doesn't care for beer. I thought it was okay, I would rather have the sweetness of the regular buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%