How Do You Store Your Gels, Dusts, Etc.?

Decorating By grandmom Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 3:30pm by Caths_Cakes

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 4

My collection of gels and dusts is growing by the week! I'm cursed with very little kitchen drawer space. If I'm going to store all these little bottles and pots of color in the drawers, I need to do it very efficiently. But I'm open to storing them in divided boxes or whatever works.

Has anyone found a storage solution they'd care to share?

Thanks!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 4

I just keep my gels in a tupperware bin (that can stack) and my dusts in a smaller tupperware unit (that again stacks).

GottaLuvCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GottaLuvCake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 4

LOL mine are growing too, nothing special for storage just a shoe box Sorry no big help. I really need a HUGE tip storage container, that is my biggest problem right now, tips tips and more unsorted tips UGH!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 4

I ended up using my sons old baby box, Its like a deep box, With a ltray in the top, which i put all my colours/dust in, so i can see them at hand, it has a handy little tray perfectly sized for my tools, And the big box at the bottom, i keep all my sugarpaste and things in! its got a handle to so i can carry it around , i hadnt used it for about a year when i got it out of storage to throw it away and thought i could recycle it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%