Writing In White??

Decorating By janebrophy Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 5:00pm by ddaigle

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:40pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making an iphone cake for tomorrow, and am stumped on how to write so neatly, and with such small letters in white....does anyone know if there is such a thing as a white foodwriter??
Thanks!

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 6

I have never seen a white foodwriter. But you could print a font that you like and then pipe RI onto parchment paper. The letters will dry by tomorrow and then they will just slide right off when you tilt the board or pan they are on.

It's worked really well for me. There's a recent picture in my photo's. You'll see it!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 6

I saw somebody recently made a Blackberry cake and their white looked handwritten...I am waiting anxiously to find out how it was done!

Lou71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lou71 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 6

Let the paste dry for 1 or 2 days and then you can print or scribe the letters onto baking paper or sheet of paper. Place this on top of your cake and then scribe over. When you remove the paper the imprints of the letters will be left on the cake for you to pipe over.

Louise

icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

The person who made the blackberry put in her photo that she painted it on with white color.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 6

I have often wished for a white writer pen. I helped a friend who made an I-Pone cake do the writing. I used royal in a parchment bag with a very small tip. It sucked. I recommend having no coffee before attempting this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%