jumie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumie Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 8

why do my cakes come out soggy in the middle

7 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 8

What recipe are you using, temperature you bake at, etc. It sounds like you may not be baking the cake long enough. For bigger pans, you can put a flower nail that's been sprayed with cooking spray with the head down in the pan before you pour in the batter. That should cook the inside without drying out the edges. (edited to correct spelling and add advice)
Welcome to cc - now that you've posted, you are automatically addicted!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:03am
post #3 of 8

I always bake at a lower temp, around 320 degrees and use bake even strips around outside of pans. I also use flower nail on 10 inch or bigger pans. And welcome

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:22am
post #4 of 8

Soggy or underbaked? There's a difference.

Do you cool them on a cooling rack? If so, do you elevate the cooling rack so the steam can escape? Or is the cooling rack right on the counter, and the steam gathers under the cake, creating a small pool of water under the cake, and then the moisture goes right back up into the cake, causing the cake to be damp ..... or 'soggy' feeling?

jumie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jumie Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:45am
post #5 of 8

my cakes are soggy on top and uncooked in the middle. it looks like bread baked with yeast at the bottom of the cake. nd help as my clients re complaining. nd a good recipe d margarine in my country is hard, the flour is equaly hard how can i use wat i have to get good quality cake.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:04pm
post #6 of 8

your cake is underbaked. bake it until it's done. use a toothpick or a tester.

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bunsen Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumie

my cakes are soggy on top and uncooked in the middle. it looks like bread baked with yeast at the bottom of the cake. nd help as my clients re complaining. nd a good recipe d margarine in my country is hard, the flour is equaly hard how can i use wat i have to get good quality cake.

What country are you in Jumie? You never know someone local may be on here

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 8

I agree, either the cake is underbaked or the ratio of all the ingredients are incorrect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%