New To Making Cakes

Decorating By momoftwinsckgn Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 8:35pm by BJ

momoftwinsckgn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwinsckgn Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 4

I am trying to figure out the best thing to use to set your cakes on? What kind of boad that is at least 5/8" and where to get it, can anyone help me.Thank you

3 replies
BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 4

I use plywood for my cakeboards and cover them in cake foil that I buy at the local craft store. Hubby cut them to size so I have a bunch of different size boards I use. Just gotta remember to tell the cake recipient to give them back when the party is over.

momoftwinsckgn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwinsckgn Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 4

what did you do just buy like one sheet of plywood and cut all the different sizes? thank you for your help

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, just cut some round, some square, some rectangle.... I grabbed a few of my most common pans and then added 4 inches on to the size of the pans so that when I placed the cake on the boards - there would be 2 inches all the way around of extra board. 1 inch really isn't enough space once you have the cake on it and then you have to take into consideration when you add icing to your cake it will add more inches to the total circumfrence of the cake. Hope this helps. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%