Just Got Home From Cake Camp

Decorating By Rylan Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 10:58pm by Rylan

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 5:20am
post #1 of 10

I loved it! I'm coming back on Sunday to get a few things. A lot of things are soooo cheap. I got 10 pound buckets of Fondx for $20 each and other cake tools. I gave Norman Davis, Collette Peters, Marina Sousa, the Windbecklers, Susan Carberry and James Rosselle a huge huge huge hug (I almost kissed them). It was totally fun. I also met Paulstonia, who is really really sweet.

I'll post pictures later on.

I hope to see other CCers as well.

9 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 5:50am
post #2 of 10

I am so freaking jealous

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 10

Can't wait to see pics....aren't they all just so nice?? I couldn't believe how down to earth the "famous" cake folks all are. :

So what stuff are you going to get when you go back???

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:45pm
post #4 of 10

if you learned any really cool tricks please do share! Totally jealous on the great deal on Fondant. My last cake fondant/tool purchase this week totaled over $300....so yeah...jealous. icon_smile.gif

kaddikakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaddikakes Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 10

Cake Camp? What and where??

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 10

me to what marybeth said

Rylan Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 10

Loucinda, they will also have a free demo of the gelatin stuff that you do. Unfortunately I couldn't go today to check it out. but those gelatin stuff you do are AWESOME!

I'm coming back on Sunday to get some more flower cutters and veiners, molds, chocolate transfers, my free bucket of Satin Ice (Satin Ice was nice to give me one), more Fondx and just other small tools. Oh and I also had to pick up the mold mixture.

Marybet and Ninat, Cake Camp is Las Vegas from Thursday to Sunday. Check out the website: http://www.cakecamp.com/

Btw, I just saw those topsy turvy pans. They are so cheap. I believe it was only $79 for a set (correct me if I am wrong).

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 10

Hi i went to the site, it say's registration for everyday, venders and demo's so they don't have any cake classes, so is it more a buying of materials, so does the registration fee just for one day thanks

Rylan Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 10

I believe you have to register so you can take the different classes available. Yes, there were a lot of classes.

The vendors area (some do demos) is open to everyone.

Rylan Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 10:58pm
post #10 of 10

Here is the thread link to some of the pictures: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-652378-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%