Looking For How To Info On Making Fondant Xmas Figures

Decorating By butternut Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 8:27pm by butternut

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 4

Well, it's almost that time again. Time to start thinking about decorating holiday cakes and cookies. I thought I would try my hand at some more fondant figures this year. I am thinking along the line of elves, Santa, reindeer, etc. I've tried to locate some tutorials online for an idea of how to go about making them but have had no luck. Does anyone by chance know of any tutorials or how to books that I could get to help me along? Also, I would love to find an electric or battery operated rotating turn table to place a 9 or 10 inch round cake on. I started looking online for one last week and picked up a very nasty virus. Had to have expert help come in and remove so I'm a bit leery about checking that out online again. If anyone knows of a place that I could purchase one, please let me know. Thanks so much everyone....... I really do appreciate any advice anyone can offer........

3 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 4

You could try lorriane mcKay. Shes on youtube as Aine2. She has some fantastic tutorials for an Xmas tree and snowman topper, And penguins too i believe!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 4

This is a nice book, Christmas Figures by Linda Pawsey.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much Caths_Cakes and tiptop57. I really do appreciate your help. I have seen the Aine2 video on the snowman and it's wonderful. I'll look to see if she has anymore out. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check on that book by Linda Pawsey. If I can't find it at my local book store I'm sure I can find it at Amazon. Again, thank you both for taking the time to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%