Tonedna's Stargazer Lily Dvd!! Wow!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 4:51pm by tonedna

kiki80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki80 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:35am
post #211 of 349

Thank you nannie for thae welcoming, I definetely will post some pics as sonn as I get done. icon_lol.gif

Edna I'm sorry to hear you are sick, make sure you follow doctor's orders for your prompt recovery, hopefully you will be feeling like new pretty soon. Good look with all those cakes that you need do but by knowing your work I know for sure all the cakes will look fabulous!!! Take care.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:39am
post #212 of 349

Thanks Kiki!... Its been basically bed rest and antibiotics..but hopefully soon I will be all well!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:49am
post #213 of 349

15 wedding cakes!!! icon_eek.gif

How do you even do that?

Do you have assistants to help?

Just the thought of one wedding cake would freak me out. icon_lol.gif

Don't stress about the video, we will all be patiently waiting till it's done icon_rolleyes.gif although, it would make a nice Christmas gift hint, hint.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:37pm
post #214 of 349

Kiki, so glad you got Edna's DVD and please do post pictures of your Stargazers here in this thread when you get them made. icon_smile.gif

Edna, I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick lately! I knew things were unusually quiet with you, I have not seen the usual amount of cake photos from you on Flickr.
Happy to hear you are on the mend! Take it easy and don't get a relapse or you will be worse! Those 15 wedding cakes due this week......you need to stand in a corner and be the boss! Let your help do the work thumbs_up.gif

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #215 of 349

Thanks teekakes..yes, is been up to 3 weeks I been sick. I have lupus and my body dont heal fast. I been trying to stay on top of emails and coming here to visit my friends in CC. icon_smile.gif
And yes 15 weddings..I m worried im not too strong yet.

Nannie, I do have help. I have a lady name Maria she is my second brain!..And when we have real busy week, we bring another girl. Im hoping they pass some of the easy cakes to the other girls. So I can take care of the big ones. I usually finish the all the wedding cakes, but Im in need taking it easy for a bit. We wil see how it goes.
Thanks for the love!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:09pm
post #216 of 349

Oh you poor thing! That is a long time to be sick with anything! icon_cry.gif I know lupus flares can take a long time to recover from! I am very sorry you have lupus! icon_sad.gif You really do need to be the boss in the corner! Doesn't pushing yourself during a flare cause you to be worse and take longer to get over the flare? Bless your heart!

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:28pm
post #217 of 349

Yeah, I took last week off..I was pushing myself too hard.. Things have gotten really busy at the shop I work. So im starting to welcome help on the weddings. Anything will do! I am pretty good at not getting sick, soI guess it was time..But I will get better, I m a fighter!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:18pm
post #218 of 349

Wow Edna, all this on your plate and you're still helping all of us with our roses and lilies.

Thank you

BTW I'm working on an "All Edna Floral Arrangement"

I have my lilies drying in the "hospital", I just finished a couple calla lilies and will start roses tomorrow. icon_lol.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 10:32pm
post #219 of 349

I just got a notice for this post,
I am very sorry to hear, that you are not well, and I hope you get better really soon, I will keep you in my prayers, and all those wedding cakes WOW, you are an amazing lady, and I know you will do an amazing job, I am glad to hear, that we have a new dvd, to look forward to I cannot wait for the next one, that is when you get better, take care of yourself and don't work too hard,

tonedna Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 11:29pm
post #220 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

I just got a notice for this post,
I am very sorry to hear, that you are not well, and I hope you get better really soon, I will keep you in my prayers, and all those wedding cakes WOW, you are an amazing lady, and I know you will do an amazing job, I am glad to hear, that we have a new dvd, to look forward to I cannot wait for the next one, that is when you get better, take care of yourself and don't work too hard,

I am starting to feel better...My boss gave some of the weddings to the other girls and left me with 7.. Thats a huge relief!
Thanks so much!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #221 of 349

Edna,

God bless you.

You are my hero and we are near each other. If there is anyting I can do to help you please let me know.

God Speed!!

tonedna Posted 5 Nov 2009 , 1:06am
post #222 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echooo3

Edna,

God bless you.

You are my hero and we are near each other. If there is anyting I can do to help you please let me know.

God Speed!!

Aww...that made my heart melt..thanks.. icon_redface.gif
Edna icon_smile.gif

kiki80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki80 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #223 of 349

Hi ladies, finally I was able to finish my flowers, the problem is I couldn't post the pic here in the forum it gave a problem with the pixels icon_cry.gif , however I was able to add it to my pic so if you click on photos at the bottom of this message you'll be able to see them, they are not perfect but I was happy with the outcome I still have to practice a lot specially in coloring them, thank you Edna for that dvd you make it so easy for us. Any comments will be aprecciated icon_lol.gif

nannie Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:34pm
post #224 of 349

I think the coloring is lovely. Edna reminded me that there are all sorts of lilies in all kinds of colors.

You did a wonderful job and I'm thrilled that Edna has yet another Lily Groupie icon_lol.gif

Thanks so much for sharing

kkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkitchen Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:22pm
post #225 of 349

Hi
I have a question about the Lily DVD
I want to purchase it - but, I don't want to purchase it and not have what I need to make the flowers. What I want to know is - do I need to order the other stuff in order to make this flower or can I just buy the DVD and be able to make those flowers?

Thanks a lot

tonedna Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:34pm
post #226 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkitchen

Hi
I have a question about the Lily DVD
I want to purchase it - but, I don't want to purchase it and not have what I need to make the flowers. What I want to know is - do I need to order the other stuff in order to make this flower or can I just buy the DVD and be able to make those flowers?

Thanks a lot

Basics

Gumpaste
rolling pin
I use the cutter from the Wilton Gumpaste Kit
Ball tool
You can use the a lily veiner for a realistic look
Extruder if you dont like to roll fondant (not a must)
I use a multi stamen mold, but I show how to do without it too.
Wire#24 at least, i use #26 too
I use the wilton flower molds, but you can use a roll of towel paper.
Floral Tape
I use a needle tool, but you can use toothpicks
I think those are the basic things.
I hope im not forgetting anything!

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kkitchen Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:55pm
post #227 of 349

Thank you so much Edna! I look forward to getting my copy soon icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:19pm
post #228 of 349

I really recommend the stamen mold. It is just so much easier than by hand. I like the veiner too because it is double sided and I have used it for other flowers too.

I have a cheap extruder I got from michaels and it is great for those of us who are rolling impaired icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:43pm
post #229 of 349

Anytime Kkitchen!

Yeah Nannie I love that multi-stamen mold and the veiner!.. I think they are both awesome!. I think that one of the holes in there can work perfect for poppies. And the ease that they come out of the mold! Is perfect!
Edna icon_smile.gif

kkitchen Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:53pm
post #230 of 349

Ok,
I think I have that flower center mold if my memory serves me right .... icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:59pm
post #231 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkitchen

Ok,
I think I have that flower center mold if my memory serves me right .... icon_biggrin.gif

Is a good thing.. I love mine. I am thinking is one of those that people
really dont know what is for and when they find out is like icon_surprised.gif , so that's what it's used for!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kkitchen Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:00pm
post #232 of 349

Ok, Edna I am so glad you sell those metal ball tools.
I placed my order so I hope to get it soon icon_razz.gif

nannie Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #233 of 349

I was thinking one of the molds might be used for the center of pointsetteas too

tonedna Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:22pm
post #234 of 349

Is a bit different than a poinsettia center. Maybe with some fixings, but not straight as it comes from the mold.
Edna icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:16am
post #235 of 349

Here are some Poinsettias.
Edna icon_smile.gif
LL

nannie Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:21am
post #236 of 349

Edna

Are you spying on me? icon_razz.gif

I just finished coloring red for my pointsettias icon_lol.gif

Do you have a close up of the centers? Or any tips.

Thanks

tonedna Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:25am
post #237 of 349

lol..I will post a blog on them tonite. You can do the center simple or more complicated.
If you see the red one has all the details as for the other ones are more simple.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:22am
post #238 of 349

Those are very beautiful, Edna.
I guess you should make a holiday tutorial Dvd for next year.

Edited to add - I did not realize that it was the holiday dvd I just checked your site and saw it, Yay thanks I love you Edna, off to order right now.

Teekakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:11pm
post #239 of 349

Gorgeous Poinsettias, Edna!
I ordered the Poinsettia DVD just to see how you make the centers so perfectly natural looking!! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:28pm
post #240 of 349

Gosh I haven't been getting email notices on this thread (or many others) icon_cry.gif and I just found it again -- bring me up to speed, is there now a Poinsettia video available??? icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%