Tonedna's Stargazer Lily Dvd!! Wow!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 4:51pm by tonedna

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:21am
post #181 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

oooh, aaaah

Unique, your flower is amazing. I do love the deep colors.

I used cyanne pepper powder and cumin.......... one less thing to buy

Thanks Edna, I'm very proud but the leaves broke in half right where the wire ended. icon_cry.gif

Thank you Edna and Nannie for the nice compliments, I used carnation, and moss green petal dust, and Violet Wilton color for the dots, I took it to work to show some of my co workers and one of them broke it, icon_cry.gif I am going to make more next week, I am busy getting ready for my kid's halloween party this weekend.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:59am
post #182 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

ok, finally I got to work on my "Lilies a la Edna" icon_lol.gif

Ta Da..........

It isn't as amazing as Teekakes but I'm the type who learnes by repetition. icon_redface.gif

It occured to me the same method could be used for the solid yellow and solid whilt lilies. what do you think.

Nannie your lily is GORGEOUS!! It most certainly is as amazing as mine!! Wow Wow Wow! thumbs_up.gif

I am with you on the solid color lilies and have plans to make some in the near future. icon_smile.gif

For SOME reason I have not been getting notices at all and this particular thread has been dropped from my watched topics. icon_sad.gif I can't believe all I have missed but am trying to get caught up now! Off to see who else has posted pictures of their Edna Lilies! icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:07am
post #183 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

This is my lilly.

I finally got it done, after I broke the whole flower and had to redo it.

Oh it is gorgeous!!! Woweeeee ladies! I think we've got the hang of making Edna's gorgeous Stargazer Lilies!! thumbs_up.gif Love the colors in your lilies too! It is addicting making these beauties isn't it!! icon_lol.gif

Uniqueask Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #184 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

This is my lilly.

I finally got it done, after I broke the whole flower and had to redo it.

Oh it is gorgeous!!! Woweeeee ladies! I think we've got the hang of making Edna's gorgeous Stargazer Lilies!! thumbs_up.gif Love the colors in your lilies too! It is addicting making these beauties isn't it!! icon_lol.gif

Yes it is very addicting,
Good to see you I was wondering where you were, I was surprised you weren't following the thread anymore I was about to send you a PM, but now I see what happened, can you tell I missed you. and Thank You for the nice compliments.

Teekakes Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:11pm
post #185 of 349

It looks like getting notices is now a thing of the past so I am just not going to count on them anymore. Are any of you getting notices? This thread not being in my watched topics was upsetting to me when I first realized it was gone!
Honestly, I thought the thread was just quiet for a few days but then got to thinking about it and decided to "find" the thread. Sure glad I did! You ladies have made such beautiful Stargazers! I am looking forward to seeing the different color variations we can all come up with. IMO, this is one of those flowers that would look beautiful in almost any color! icon_smile.gif

Uniqueask Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 2:15pm
post #186 of 349

I still get notices in my emails, and it is still in my watched topics.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 3:36pm
post #187 of 349

I've been getting notices but every once in a while, a thread I'm following will driop off my list too. I don't know why that is.
icon_confused.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:08pm
post #188 of 349

Me too...I need to keep checking on topics, I posted a photo today and I havent received one notification from it, and it's full of comments.
The other day someone was asking me something in a forum and someone had to message me,
cause I didn't answer icon_redface.gif I never got anyhting!

sucks!

Oh well...we keep trying!.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:22pm
post #189 of 349

Edna that is a stunning cake

Are those lilies of the valley?

I tried those once and they ended up looking like a bunch of weeds icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Oh, well, I guess that's dvd you'll have to do icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 28 Oct 2009 , 5:26pm
post #190 of 349

lol..yes...those are lily of the valley!
thanks!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:03pm
post #191 of 349

Ok, I hate humidity. icon_mad.gif

We've had so much rain the last few days that even tho it isn't hot, it's still muggy and I came home to find all the petals on the pink lily laying on the floor. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

tonedna Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:19pm
post #192 of 349

why the are laying on the floor?? Where were they?
Edna

Uniqueask Posted 30 Oct 2009 , 10:26pm
post #193 of 349

Oh I am so sorry to hear that nannie.((((((hugs))))).

nannie Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:00am
post #194 of 349

they were at the edge of a wall shelf. some landed on the floor, some on the shelf.

plus one of my Edna roses drooped but it's now hanging upside down and hopefully that will correct it.

I don't actually do many cakes. I just like to make arrangements and put them around my house.

Like having a garden that I don't have to weed or water. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:03am
post #195 of 349

Im amazed it didnt break!..Must be very humid!
Edna icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 1:12am
post #196 of 349

a few did break icon_cry.gif

The rest just drooped almost in half...........

tonedna Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 2:03am
post #197 of 349

awww...soooowwwyyyyy...
Edna

Teekakes Posted 31 Oct 2009 , 9:50pm
post #198 of 349

Oh Nannie, that is so disheartening after putting in so much time making all those little petals! So sorry this happened to you! Living in extreme humid conditions here on the Bay in SE Texas I worry about that every time I make gp anything that needs to stand upright. I started storing my gp flowers in those big deep disposable roasting pans you can get at walmart, 2 for $2.87 or something like that. I haven't had any trouble with humidty issues since storing the flowers in these. Here is a picture of what I am talking about......you will see some roses and my Edna Stargazers stored in them icon_smile.gif
LL

tonedna Posted 1 Nov 2009 , 4:51pm
post #199 of 349

I put them on a rack until the are hard, usually over night or a 24 hours. I move them to a tray with some foam where they sit in an open, dry space over a week. Then, after they are fully dry, I store them in a box or dry container over a bed of either foam or paper. Even toilet paper works great. You can store them for years!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:21am
post #200 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I put them on a rack until the are hard, usually over night or a 24 hours. I move them to a tray with some foam where they sit in an open, dry space over a week. Then, after they are fully dry, I store them in a box or dry container over a bed of either foam or paper. Even toilet paper works great. You can store them for years!
Edna icon_smile.gif

What you just described is about exactly what I did and it does work great! My roses in those containers are 6 months old and look as nice as the day I made them! I have a padding of wadded paper towels supporting my Stargazer petals.....so far so good! icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:36am
post #201 of 349

The rain has stoped so my flowers are going into the hospital for repairs. A few new petals and they'll be looking good.

Wanna hear a funny one. I gave my first flower to a friend. I hid it in her garden then pointed out that she had a late blooming bloom.

She fell for it for a few seconds. icon_lol.gif

Then during the storm, a couple of her petals fell off too... They'll go into the hospital too.

At least I'll get lots of practice.

Thanks for the storage suggestions. I hate to put them away, they are too pretty.

Teekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:40am
post #202 of 349

icon_lol.gif That is funny, Nannie! What a compliment for her to think it was a real flower! icon_biggrin.gif
I agree, they are to pretty to store but I would rather store them than have them fall apart on me. Oh, and did I mention mine are "stored" on my front dining room table so I can see them several times a day!! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:36am
post #203 of 349

lol teekakes..I Know people that has them on the table as flower arrangments.

Edna icon_smile.gif

Teekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:44am
post #204 of 349
Quote:

Edna icon_smile.gif

Under glass? icon_lol.gif How could they ever be dusted!! Getting dust on them would make me mad! icon_surprised.gif

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:46am
post #205 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Quote:

Edna icon_smile.gif

Under glass? icon_lol.gif How could they ever be dusted!! Getting dust on them would make me mad! icon_surprised.gif

No..they are not under glass..I guess eventually you just make new ones when they get old..lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:50am
post #206 of 349

My mom has taken all the flowers off her cakes over the years and kept them. The other night I pointed out that they are all falling apart, are dusty and kind gross and maybe she should throw them out.

I can always make more. But you know, a mom can't ever throw out their kids gifts. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 2:54am
post #207 of 349

Well...then give her the gift of a glass covering!...lol Sounds kind of romantic..like Beauty and the Beast!..the rose under the glass... icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kiki80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki80 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:12am
post #208 of 349

I just wanted to say THANK YOU EDNA!!! icon_lol.gif for that wonderful dvd I just got my copy on saturday and I can't wait to star practicing, also wanted to encurage you to keep doing those dvd for the sake of all of the beginners in sugar paste like me, you make it so easy for us; so PLEASE!! keep making those dvd I would be always in debt with you. MUCHAS GRACIAS EDNA!!!! Dios te bendiga!! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:16am
post #209 of 349

Hey, Kiki

Welcome to the Edna Fan Club.

Please be sure and post pics when you're done. We love to share. icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:23am
post #210 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki80

I just wanted to say THANK YOU EDNA!!! icon_lol.gif for that wonderful dvd I just got my copy on saturday and I can't wait to star practicing, also wanted to encurage you to keep doing those dvd for the sake of all of the beginners in sugar paste like me, you make it so easy for us; so PLEASE!! keep making those dvd I would be always in debt with you. MUCHAS GRACIAS EDNA!!!! Dios te bendiga!! icon_biggrin.gif

I already started on my next one.. I been sick as a dog! Had to take this last week of..It was bed rest for me..but I am already started on the next. Is hard with all the work I have. This week I have 15 weddings and I am still not completely healed. But definitively is on the works.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%