Tonedna's Stargazer Lily Dvd!! Wow!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 12 Feb 2010 , 4:51pm by tonedna

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 1:24am
post #301 of 349

Oh I want to see Julie Julia too! Sounds like a good thing to do on New Years Eve! thumbs_up.gif

Edna, I'll go look at your first cakes here on CC since I don't think I have done that. Yes, I can see a big difference in my decorating now from when I first started and I am happy with where I am at. I just wish I had more cakes to do. I don't have a bakery icon_cry.gif and in Texas can't advertise cake biz so I have enjoy what little I can. I do want a bakery so bad! icon_sad.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #302 of 349

Aww...you can have one, is a lot of work!..Move here I'll work for you! I dont want to won one...lol
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 12:34pm
post #303 of 349

I am now following both blogs, You guys so have to see Julie and Julia, it is the best movie, I love it.

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #304 of 349

Seems like everybody but me has seen that movie! icon_sad.gif
I gotta see it!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:36pm
post #305 of 349

Well, Edna, I can't have my own bakery and never will so I just have to be happy with what I can do. They are a lot of work and getting dependable help that could be there when I could not is why I will never have one. I would want to die if a customer ever got let down!

I guess everyone but me and you have seen Julie Julia! icon_sad.gif It is on my list of things to do over the long weekend and I hope you can work it in to your list too! icon_biggrin.gif

Better get back to the kitchen and finish preparing these stuffed jalepeno peppers! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:04pm
post #306 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Well, Edna, I can't have my own bakery and never will so I just have to be happy with what I can do. They are a lot of work and getting dependable help that could be there when I could not is why I will never have one. I would want to die if a customer ever got let down!

I guess everyone but me and you have seen Julie Julia! icon_sad.gif It is on my list of things to do over the long weekend and I hope you can work it in to your list too! icon_biggrin.gif

Better get back to the kitchen and finish preparing these stuffed jalepeno peppers! icon_biggrin.gif

They are a lot of work!

Yummm those sound good..maybe you should blog about those.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:16pm
post #307 of 349

Oh they are yummy! Hollowed out peppers, stuffed with shrimp cream cheese then wrapped in bacon and grilled, or baked in oven. Mine will be baked in the oven this time since I have nothing else to put on the grill. Everyone always loves them and it seems no matter how many I make it is never enough! icon_smile.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:43pm
post #308 of 349

drooool! Sounds delicious - I agree with Edna - write a blog about it icon_wink.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:40pm
post #309 of 349

ok, Miss Edna

I went back and looked at your older cakes. There is not one that isn't amazing.

I was surprised at how many were in my favorites from before I "knew" you.

And that cake with the pears. icon_eek.gif It is a new favorite.

Keep that inspiration coming.

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #310 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teekakes

Oh they are yummy! Hollowed out peppers, stuffed with shrimp cream cheese then wrapped in bacon and grilled, or baked in oven. Mine will be baked in the oven this time since I have nothing else to put on the grill. Everyone always loves them and it seems no matter how many I make it is never enough! icon_smile.gif

And you say you have nothing to blog about!...omg! icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:20pm
post #311 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

ok, Miss Edna

I went back and looked at your older cakes. There is not one that isn't amazing.

Thanks nannie, I love the gumpaste pear. I swear they can fake anyone for the real thing! icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 1:58am
post #312 of 349
Quote:

ok, Miss Edna

Oh she's baaaaaad Nannie icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif I looked at her older cakes too and who is she kidding!!! They were as fantastic then as they are now! I'm going to find the Pear cake....missed that one.

Mark......OK, you guys talked me into putting something on my blog, the peppers and another item. I took pics of the peppers as I did them so I can at least be a good blogger! icon_lol.gif

nannie Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:10am
post #313 of 349

Teecakes

Page 7 top row

tonedna Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #314 of 349
Quote:

Teecakes

Page 7 top row

lol..I dont even know where they are nannie!..you are good!

Im waiting for that blog Lea.

They arent bad, but they arent mybest either..the bad ones i never posted..lol icon_razz.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:45am
post #315 of 349
Quote:

Teecakes

Page 7 top row

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Thanks Nannie! Going there right now! icon_smile.gif

Edna, I've got to much going on this weekend to work on the blog but come Monday I'll try and figure it all out. icon_biggrin.gif
I'd have to see a bad cake from you before I believed you made one!! icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:53am
post #316 of 349

I'll look for a photo of one..You get that blog ready icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #317 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscake

I just finished watching the dvd, and I must say.. I LOVE it!!! Learned a lot, but then Edna is a great teacher. thumbs_up.gif
I can't wait for the next dvd. Thanks again. Sonia.

Sonia, your Stargazer and Poinsettia are gorgeous!! You should post them here so Edna and the other thread followers can see your flowers. Often times they move through the homepage so quickly they get missed and yours deserve to be seen! They are so beautiful!! icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:22am
post #318 of 349

Yeah! We like to see them!..I actually follow the threads easier than the photos...I love the notifications!

Im glad you enjoy it Sonia!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sscake Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:08am
post #319 of 349

Hi guys. I am having problems attaching the photos to this thread (but they are in my photos).

I made the poinsettia for a cake I took to my work's Christmas party. My co-workers thought the poinsettia was real !!!...lol

I loved making the stargazer.. shading the flower with petal dust was my favorite part (and Edna explains how to do this so well in her dvd thumbs_up.gif ).

Thanks Lea for the compliment. I hope Edna doesn't make us wait too long for her next dvd. Im on pins & needles.. cant wait to see what the next flower is going to be.

Sonia

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #320 of 349

lol.. Im organizing my brain for the next one..I think you will love this one!..
I'll keep it a secret until I'm fully organized. Filming starts soon!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 2:14am
post #321 of 349

Wow, just came from checking Sonias flowers.. You girls are good!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:09am
post #322 of 349

Sonia, I am on pins and needles waiting on Edna's next release too!! One thing for sure it won't be soon enough! icon_lol.gif

Edna, so happy to hear you are working on your next one and about ready to start filming! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Your secret is good with us! Feel free to post it right here on the thread!! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:19am
post #323 of 349

lol..hehe.. icon_twisted.gif .... Im still working on details about what I am including in it. But Im having fun! icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeah it might take sometime, filming editing and graphic. But I want a good
product that is full of info!

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:21am
post #324 of 349

wow sscake
your flowers are beautiful.

Maybe we need to start a pool: what flower she'll do next icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

No pressure, Edna

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:23am
post #325 of 349
Quote:

wow sscake
your flowers are beautiful.

Maybe we need to start a pool: what flower she'll do next icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

No pressure, Edna

icon_twisted.gif bring it on!.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:47am
post #326 of 349

Just finished watching the Poinsettia DVD - can't wait for the next one either!

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:53am
post #327 of 349

MARKKKKKKKKK....I was so happy to get your e-mail yesterday!..
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:34am
post #328 of 349

icon_smile.gif Thanks again Edna! My wife got home last night, saw the package open on the table and very nicely reminded me I had a cake to complete icon_smile.gif Our heater is finally fixed. Hope yours is too! As for your next DVD, how about orchids? Yours are beautiful - I especially like the bright greenish yellow - what color do you use to get that? Oh yeah - where do you get the black foams I see in your videos?

tonedna Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:19am
post #329 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORSELSBYMARK

icon_smile.gif Thanks again Edna! My wife got home last night, saw the package open on the table and very nicely reminded me I had a cake to complete icon_smile.gif Our heater is finally fixed. Hope yours is too! As for your next DVD, how about orchids? Yours are beautiful - I especially like the bright greenish yellow - what color do you use to get that? Oh yeah - where do you get the black foams I see in your videos?

I am not doing the orchids yet, and I have a real good reason why.
For every flower I make, I need to figure out how to make the flowers
the easiest way with cutters and molds that are really accessible to you guys. I am working on something for the orchids so you guys can make them just as beatiful.. So i need to make gorgoeus flowers with simple materials that are easy to find..talk about work!

But I am working on it!..so for sure..it will come.
As for the color, is a base of neon green from americolor.
Edna icon_smile.gif

nannie Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:37pm
post #330 of 349

ok, I can wait on the orchid... icon_lol.gif

whatever it is, I'm sure it will be worderful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%