Pam Cooking Spray?!

Decorating By tirby Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 4:19pm by tirby

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 19

Do people do that??? I was told (by another decorator) That they just use Pam.... ummmm does that work? I mean JUST pam???? It would be faster but ??????

18 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

Do people do that??? I was told (by another decorator) That they just use Pam.... ummmm does that work? I mean JUST pam???? It would be faster but ??????

You can and it works fine.

I use either PAM for Baking or the Crisco for Baking.....both have flour in them. I line pan bottoms with waxed or parchment paper, then spray the pan.....releases cleanly every time!

kellie0406 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellie0406 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 19

I have used the Bakers Joy spray with flour in it for years now. Never had a problem with one cake sticking.

tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellie0406

I have used the Bakers Joy spray with flour in it for years now. Never had a problem with one cake sticking.

So do you also line the pans with parchment??

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 19

I spray the pan with Pam, line it with waxpaper or parchment and then spray it again. Works every time, with no problems.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 19

I have always used Bakers Joy and never line the pan.

laceycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laceycakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 19

I've used the Pam for baking as well as the Baker's Joy and it works wonderfully.

Lee9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee9 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 19

I only use butter spray, sometimes Pam sometimes generic, works great.

tirby Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:47pm
post #9 of 19

So how much is this Bakers Joy?? and where would I get it.... And Pam works?! SWEET.... I might try it on a cake as soon as I have time for the what ifs.

tab_stout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab_stout Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 19

I always use the generic brand and then dust with flour. Works well for me and I've never lined it with parchment.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:20pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

So how much is this Bakers Joy?? and where would I get it.... And Pam works?! SWEET.... I might try it on a cake as soon as I have time for the what ifs.

I tried with just the regular Pam and it did NOT work. If your going to try that you need to at least dust with flour too. I use Baker's Joy cause it's the cheapest in my grocery store. It's on the shelf near the Crisco Sticks and Pam cooking spray. HTH

Williamus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Williamus Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 19

Pam for baking smells funny to me...like fake butter. I never use it. I love Baker's Joy or Bak-lean (Spelling?)

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #13 of 19

I have always sprayed with cooking spray, not necessarily PAM, and then lined with parchment. Never ever have I had a cake stick.

Good luck!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:34pm
post #14 of 19

I spray my pan with PAM, line the bottom with parchment paper, spray again with PAM (don't forget to spray the sides. I don't lline them, jsut the bottom)..then bake..works all the time. No stickiing, easy.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #15 of 19

I use PAM for baking b/c it is cheaper than Baker's Joy. As soon as Publix comes out with a baking version, I'll prob switch (all of their other generic versions of PAM are just as good as the brand). I've NEVER had a cake stick using PAM and it's fast and easy. If I did more cakes, I might try out the homemade realease stuff, but until them, the spray is great.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 5:48pm
post #16 of 19

I just switched from PAM to Baker's Joy. It's more expensive but it works every single time, which PAM does not, especially on the bigger cakes. Every time I use Baker's Joy I end up wondering why it took me so many years to try it.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:05pm
post #17 of 19

Big vote here for the homemade cake release! No aerosol sprays for me. icon_biggrin.gif

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 6:21pm
post #18 of 19

Baker's Joy user here and not even a crumb sticks. I don't line the pan with paper or anything either. Best thing in the world. Haven't tried others with flour in them though.

I would definately use one with flour in it. I but mine at Walmart on the baking aisle.

tirby Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:19pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

Big vote here for the homemade cake release! No aerosol sprays for me. icon_biggrin.gif

OK I am sticking with this one. it (for me) has worked the best so far. but thanks everyone for the input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%