Edible Imapge Printers And Ink

Decorating By kim_catt Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 1:28pm by icingimages

kim_catt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kim_catt Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 6

i just bought a Epson nx115 at staples (canada) for $80; also i ordered the ink and sheets from KopyKake. Can you please tell me if i have to do anything to the printer or chip etc. I am new to this and i hope it works.

on another site, someone mentioned having to take a chip off somewhere. do i have to do this?

also how do i clean my epson print head?

does anyone have tips on storing the ink, since i will not be using it a lot? makebe tape it and place it in a bag, but what do i do with the printhead (ink tank area) do it does not clog?

also does anyone know of any places in Canada i can purchase the ink at a great price. ( i am thinking head). like i said before, i bought ink from KopyKakes, but i had to spend over $40 on shipping. man i hope i don't also have to pay customs...

please, i anyone has info i can use, even if it is not posted it would be appreciated.

PS sorry for sooooo many questions!
Kimberley

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Kimberely,

Yeah...You will have to pay customs fees and if they sent them to you by UPS or Fedex you will have to pay brokerage fees as well. Check out this new Canadian site as she sells inks for printers.

www.flourconfections.ca

kim_catt Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 6

thank you so much. ill check out the site.

yes it was sent via UPS and i paid $14.00 customs/etc in fees.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 6

I purchased refillable (new & empty) cartridges for my epson on ebay so I don't have to mess with the chips. It's also much cheaper to refill the buy new cartridges each time. HTH

kim_catt Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 10:16am
post #5 of 6

where do you buy your ink to refill the cartridges in Canada? is the ink in a kit?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 6

There are several different UPS services that you can use. Some do not have brokerage fees, some do. Customs you are stuck with though. I beleive USPS does not have brokerage fees, but depending on the weight of the package may be a little more. If you call my office, they have information on that 540-869-5511, they have all that info.
Thanks and good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%