What Crazy Requests Do You Get??

Business By buggus Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm by LaBellaFlor

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:48pm
post #31 of 34

Yeah, I told them I have a standard 30 day notice, no less then 2 weeks if time allowed. I got a very quiet "Oh".

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #32 of 34

Ohhh hi, can you carve a TALL cake into the shape of a monkey?

How tall sir?

Oh, about 3 - 4 foot... and can it be hanging out of a tree?

icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif How tall do you want the tree sir?

Oh, about 5 - 6 foot....and can there be bananas around the base of the tree? ... Willing to pay whatever it costs....i love monkeys.

And the occassion sir?

My wedding.

Hmmm, YOUR WEDDING..... and the Bride to be - may i speak with her?

No, she is choosing the bridal cars - so i get to choose the cake.

Wow.... Lucky Bride....and when is this for sir?

THis saturday......can you deliver as i will be busy?

Oh noooo, i am so sorry - my husband will be using the trailer that day to collect mulch for the garden - sorry sir i am unable to make and deliver. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif ................ icon_rolleyes.gif

Do you know anyone who could do it?

Hmmm, not off the top of my head - perhaps look in the phone book sir.

Ok, thanks - will do that tomorrow...its nearly knock off time and i have to catch a train.

Better dash sir - don't want to be late for your train....have a lovely wedding day ...... bye................. *click*

My Husband asks - who was that?

Oh, a chap wanting a 3-4 foot monkey hanging out of a 6' tree with bananas for HIS wedding .............. this saturday...in 5 days.

Husband - a 4' what ???

Monkey

MONKEY !!!!...........WT?????

How would you get that to a venue?

Oh, perched in its tree in your trailer............. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif - are you kidding me?

Apparently not............dear .
Which reminds me, can you get our ladder back from neighbour - just incase i ever need to *carve a 4' monkey and a 6' tree*

Husband ............ icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif .....faint.

Me - ........................coffee dear ???........... ROFL.

I still have the occassional nightmare about a 4' monkey
lurking in our garage - icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif shudder shake icon_cry.gif

Bluehue.
Edited one time - i spelt monkey wrong - icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:22pm
post #33 of 34

I've had the typical last minute calls... the most recent. This guy wanted a 3D cake in the shape of a martini glass to feed 40 people (needed it in two days) and only wanted to pay $40 - $50.00 dollars.

Also had a call from a woman who could not get any other baker in my area to make her a cake with some Dora character on it "because of copyright issues. Can you do it?". I wanted to laugh. I tried telling her to just buy a little plastic character and I could do the cake in those colors, but she didn't want to go that route. Oh well!!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:43pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by smab109

I've had the typical last minute calls... the most recent. This guy wanted a 3D cake in the shape of a martini glass to feed 40 people (needed it in two days) and only wanted to pay $40 - $50.00 dollars.

Also had a call from a woman who could not get any other baker in my area to make her a cake with some Dora character on it "because of copyright issues. Can you do it?". I wanted to laugh. I tried telling her to just buy a little plastic character and I could do the cake in those colors, but she didn't want to go that route. Oh well!!

$40-50 icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif One day I'm going to get really sarcastic witha client if they give me a dumb request like that! "So, let me get this straight. You want me to pay about $75 for material & 4 days of labor and only you charge you $40-50 bucks?! Absolutlely!" thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%