Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting?

Baking By DropofLove Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 1:15pm by LeeBD

DropofLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DropofLove Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 5

I was just sitting around thinking of frostings...I love both cream cheese and chocolate and thought I've never had a frosting with both the flavors combined.
Does anyone have a recipe they've tried and like?

4 replies
DropofLove Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

Nobody has tried a chocolate cream cheese icing ??

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 5

I checked out the Cake Doctor for this recipe. Haven't tried it yet but I will today(need a cake for tonight). Have had great success with other cake dr. recipes. Will let you know tomorrow how it is. In the mean time:

8oz softened cr. cheese
1 stick butter, rm temp
1/2 cp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
4 cps confects sugar
Cream butter and CC on low, stop machine, add cocoa, extract and sugar& blend on low 'til moistened about 30 secs. Increase speed to med-high & blend 'til fluffy

DropofLove Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 5

Wow thank you so much! Yes please let me know how it turns out. I'll be attempting to try the crusting cream cheese recipe from here this weekend. So I'll have to use this one the next week icon_smile.gif My family is going to be so sick of cupcakes LOL

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 5

Well the choc. cc frosting passed with flying colors at my house! It was great...one you'll want to eat right out of the bowl. I made a two layer WASC, sliced each layer to make a 4 layer cake. In between the layers I made a CC Nutella filling(first time making that also)it was fantastic. Next time I use the nutella filling I'm going to try a different flavor cake. Perhaps choc. with kahula, I think those flavors will blend well with the nutella. I made the WASC this time because I wanted the filling and icing to stand out. A little more info than you wanted! Oh and one more thing, I used almond extract in the CC frosting. If you want less flavoring go for the vanilla.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%