I Need A New Year's Cake Idea

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 17 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm by catlharper

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 2:50am
post #1 of 4

Hey Y'all,
Can you give me any ideas for a New Years cake? It will need to be huge because it will be for a party. Let me know. Thanks!

3 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 4

I think we could help more if you were a little more specific about what you wanted. Exactly how many servings do you need, are you planning to make fondant/gumpaste figures? In the meantime, I think these cakes are really cool!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1448063

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1174925

chefaddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefaddie Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 4

Idea #1
tiered cake: along the tiers have some sort of decoration spiralingup the cake representing each month until you come to the top and have something for newyears.

idea#2 tiered cake in colour theme of choice with 'streamers , horns noise makers make of sugar paste or fondant . on the top a new years eve ball

idea # 3 tiered cake. along the on top 'balloons' 'champagne bottle' and glasses or a royal icing tiara
idea #4 tierd cake with numbers 1 - 10 on cake at the top a 'clockface' that reads midnight or a hat.

Ok I'm done

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I'd need to know the theme of the party or color palette but what about a multi tiered cake, different shapes, with crossed gumpaste champagne glasses a topper with gold and silver streamers trailing down the tiers...middle tier with a plaque that says "Happy New Year 2010" ? Elegant but with a measure of difficulty that will impress the guests!

Let us know what you end up with!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%