Abnormal, Weird Or Just Odd? (Don't Make This Controversial)

Decorating By Rylan Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 8:45pm by LaBellaFlor

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:13am
post #61 of 80

THANK YOU ALL for all the support. It is very uplifting after that discourcouraging comment. Thank you my CC friends.

Cathy, you are right, that is the reason why I was excited to make the cake, as the same time clueless on where to start.

Win, Thanks for the big backup. I really appreciate it. As for the wintery feel, I had no way to cover the flaws (especially the seams in the back) and so I thought of snow and that is where it started.

Madge, I'll definitely be thinking of you. I hope to meet you one day.

Deb, I didn't pack my toothbrush hehehe. I actually live in Las Vegas, hehe.

Luvmysmoother, you are exactly correct. I'm happy to know that you also understood my feelings. Thanks

Melnick, that was my original idea, using the bear as the topper but unfortunately, I didn't have enough brown fondant left so I had to go with something different. I agree, for me, men are the most challenging cakes to make.

Ashley, thanks, I'm glad I was able to help. Good luck my friend.

Take care everyone. Now I can sleep well. Good night.

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:16am
post #62 of 80

Luv ya cake Ry! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:17am
post #63 of 80

Luv ya too Jen!

sunshinecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunshinecake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:05pm
post #64 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

everyone on this site posts their pics for compliments or constructive criticism

but not everyone starts a thread about every single cake they make. can you imagine what the forums would look like if we did?

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 6:27pm
post #65 of 80

Just a couple of things:

1. My post was not full out attacking, like was done to me in response. All I said was every time you make a cake, you come on here complaining about how weird/ugly/wrong it is when it is obviously lovely. I said you are talented and need to be confident in that.
2. My tagline says "Here for drama" in response to someone else's tagline that says "Here for cake, not for drama", although that person is constantly getting involved in drama. The drama on here is funny, so I'm not going to pretend I'm not interested in that like all of you who jumped in on this post are.
3. Not bullied in high school.
4. Was certainly not a bully. Also not one now.
5. Dkelley, I'm not going anywhere, no matter how much you ignore me. icon_smile.gif I'll ignore you back, even!
6. If you don't want CC to be an ugly place, then don't attack the one different opinion on the board and say nasty things about the poster. (Which always happens here. If you diverge from the consensus, then you are absolutely attacked on these boards.)

Now, you all have a great Saturday.

Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:38pm
post #66 of 80

First of all, I posted this thread not because I hated the cake. I posted the thread to confirm if it is appropriate to make a "not so childlike" cake for a first birthday. I DID NOT even say that the cake was ugly. I EVEN said I was PLEASED with the results yet I wished the tree could have been better--NOT complaining at all.

Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #67 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinecake

but not everyone starts a thread about every single cake they make. can you imagine what the forums would look like if we did?

Exactly, NOT everyone starts a thread about everysingle cake they make. I am one of those who does, why should it bother you? I basically only make cakes about once a month and it's not like I make one every week and post a thread about it.

Jen80 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:45pm
post #68 of 80

Hey Ry, I just watched your video. Great way to make the tree! thumbs_up.gif I'll have to remember that one.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:47pm
post #69 of 80

Hi Jen,

Where did you find the video? I'd love to watch too.

Thanks!

Jen80 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:04pm
post #70 of 80

Hi Deb!

I hope this works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llszq-rnENk&feature=channel_page

It's not actually of Rylan making the cake, he's showing it and explaining how he made each part.

Jen icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:09pm
post #71 of 80

and just for Rylan.

The TOTB award!
LL

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:42pm
post #72 of 80

Thanks Jen!

Hey Doug haven't seen much of you lately......I guess school is keeping you pretty busy. Love the award!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:14pm
post #73 of 80

Ry, Please - do keep posting every single cake you make. I LOVE your style, your artistry! Your posts are always filled with inspiration and the discussions that follow always enlighten. Can't wait for the next one!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:57pm
post #74 of 80

Hey RY, I love you, Ignore all the negative, and accept all the positive, that is what I do, That is one of the reason's why I have not posted any cakes on here in a while, I agree with there is too much drama on here now, that is why I mostly lurk these days, and only comment rearly, I miss all the old CCers, that don't sign on or comment, they always had valuable info for us.

GOD BLESS YOU AND TAKE CARE

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:10pm
post #75 of 80

Just casting my vote for enjoying the drama threads. It's my version of soap operas to brighten my otherwise unentertaining day. icon_lol.gif Sometimes it's fun to see what things people can get so worked up about.

Pass the popcorn! party.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:51pm
post #76 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Just casting my vote for enjoying the drama threads. It's my version of soap operas to brighten my otherwise unentertaining day. icon_lol.gif Sometimes it's fun to see what things people can get so worked up about.

Lol! Me too...figured I'd have been jumped for saying so though. It's much more interesting than the typical "blah blah nice ribbon....blah blah great color...blah blah, my bc won't crust, OMG what do I do?!?!?!"

Rylan, your cakes are great, I've said so multiple times. Keep it up! Perhaps to avoid stuff like this, maybe just ask for opinions in the comments on your individual cakes, OR pm people you know will give you support and criticism if you so choose? Just a thought.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:14pm
post #77 of 80
Quote:

Well, at least SOME of us can admit that and not be completely hypocritical about it. If you don't like the drama, then don't get involved in it. thumbs_up.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:31pm
post #78 of 80
Quote:

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Didn't we have a discussion about your craziness?!? dunce.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:42pm
post #79 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:

Sometimes I feel the need to validate your feelings! dunce.gificon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:45pm
post #80 of 80
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:

Sometimes I feel the need to validate your feelings! dunce.gificon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%