Where Do I Get Rkt?

Decorating By papascoot Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 9:47pm by Rosie2

papascoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
papascoot Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 6

I have not had the need to use rice krispy treats yet. But I want to be prepared if the need arises. Where do I buy those big bulk blocks of RKT's? Or do you all make your own when you use them for 3D cakes?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Scott "Papa Scoot" Venezia

5 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 6

I make myown. I just mix melted marshmallows (melted in a greased bowl in the microwave) w/ the Rice Krispies. Then I just start molding the lump into something. If I work to slow or need to make more than one thing, sometimes I'll put the rest back into the microwave for a few seconds so they'll be pliable again. HTH icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 6

I make my own using store-brand cereal and marshmallows and the recipe on the box. They're so easy to make and taste so much better when you make your own than the premade ones.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 6

I don't buy "big bulk blocks" of RKT. I get the individually wrapped ones in bulk sized boxes at Sam's.

Welcome to CC btw!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 6

I always use the bought ones. Any grocery store should have them n the small packs that you can mask together. Just use lots of force. And Sam's carries the blocks/sheets of them.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 6

Well, I'm RKT-challenged icon_redface.gif so, I buy them in bulk at Costco Warehouse, they're great!

Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%